might have wrecked my hair

KaitAleeseKaitAleese Registered Users Posts: 37
On Sunday after getting advice from my cousin, who is a hairstylist. I used a high lift blond to die my hair. He told me that would be healthier than bleach so i went with that option. It was a mess. I haven't died my hair in a long time and I have been using the cg method since feb. So the chemicals made my eyes water and then burned when i finally got it in my hair. After about 10 minutes of that I was over it and rinsed out to bright orange hair. and roots died a lot faster!. Annnd my husband was not impressed. So I have deep co with a conditioner FULL of protein and my hair feels gross and dry. Is there anything i can do now to help....before it falls out in chunks?

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Did you run hair strand and skin patch tests? Did you lift over the top of a heavy coconut oiling? If so you will have reduced the damage slightly. AFAIK peroxide is as damaging as persulphate bleach, both are alkaline, persulphate bleach breaks down to peroxide anyway.

Best thing you can do now is alternate between coconut oil soaks on dry hair to reduce porosity and increase elasticity and hydrolysed protein treatments. You can also use products containing ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol.

Most deep conditioners do not contain much in the way of ingredients that can penetrate or patch repair, and leaving your hair wet for long periods can weaken it further (hygral fatigue).
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • KaitAleeseKaitAleese Registered Users Posts: 37
    I did process it over coconut oil and i have been using it everyday when i style since (so for the last 3 days). I'm just hoping it tones down a little bit and I get to keep my hair lol.
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    Roots dye bright, it's called hot roots. As for the color, I would use a rinse/toner to even out the color. Keep it on for at least 4-5 minutes

And be careful of too much protein. That can also cause dryness
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with Scrills that the dryness may be caused by too much protein so use a moisturizing conditioner like AOHR along with coconut or olive oil. I would consult a hairstylist about coloring over it or pay someone who is an experienced colorist to correct the color. Usually lifting color, stripping color or adding highlights tend to yield better results when done by a professional. It isn't something I would recommend a nonprofessional doing.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file