No second day hair for me.

TheBadCurlsClubTheBadCurlsClub Posts: 1Registered Users
My hair type is 3A/B and I can never get second day hair! I have tried everything... Pineapples, pin-ups, all of that and I still have to re-wash every morning. And advice?

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm perfectionistic about my hair, so no second day hair for me, either. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. My fine/low porosity/low density hair takes a long time to dry. I speed up the process by using curl towels and diffusing.

One thing you may want to do is determine your hair properties. It's the best way to choose ingredients/products. Here's a link to help Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free As you strengthen your curl pattern, you may be able to do multi day hair.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    I never get second day hair. I hate how it looks no matter what I do. If I'm wearing it up, I can get away with just spritzing it down with a water bottle but if wearing down, I have to full wet my hair.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've never been able to get second day hair until I started doing regular protein treatments. Don't know how your hair feels about protein, but that's a thought. Now I can get up in the morning, turn my head upside down and fluff and scrunch, and it look alright. Sometimes I'll spray a little bit of water on the straighter parts - that's a whole lot better than having to wait 6 hours for your whole head to dry. Some people have luck with scrunching with a wet washcloth.. still need to try that one.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do you sleep on a satin pillowcase or have a sleep-cap? I pineapple my hair and put it in a breathable satin sleep-cap.

I haven't had a problem getting second day curls, I think my biggest issue is getting frizz on the second/third days, which is weird since it seems we have similar hair types!

I'd say it might be the gel you're using on wash days? Perhaps you need one with a stronger hold that can last you a couple of days? Or maybe you just need to apply more than you are currently?
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • PuertoricangirlPuertoricangirl Posts: 428Registered Users
    I get third or fourth day hair sometimes! What works for me is bending down, tying my hair in a pineapple with a satin scrunchie, and sleeping on a satin pillow case. The next day I release my pineapple, and shake my curls for them to fall naturally. If the back of my hair has too much volume I use my satin scrunchie to tie it into a low ponytail and tame it.

If my hair needs a little help I refresh with a water and conditioner mix in certain areas with a spray bottle and scrunch with an old t-shirt. If areas are frizzy I use a little almond oil 😊 hope I helped!
    3A/3B Fine/Medium curly, Low Porosity, Medium density, long length.

*Shampoo & Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and shine
    *Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today and GVP Condtioning Balm
    *Cream Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie, Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
    Gels: L.A Looks Sports Gel, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    *Serum: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper

:blob7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file