Cosmetics!!

LanikaiLanikai Posts: 52Registered Users
Hi everyone!!

I am just wondering what is the majority of popular cosmetics out there that women like. My favorites are urban decay, nyx, too faced, and loreal.

What is your favorites??
Would love to hear your inputs!

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    After becoming a Sephora junkie several months ago, I have absolutely no real brand loyalty. I like Urban Decay eyeshadow, Dior and Buxom mascaras, Tarte blushes, and Nars and Buxom lip colors... so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • lifescoutlifescout Posts: 69Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My favorite is mac but I also love urban decay and Nars. There are alot of individual products I like from other brands too though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MAC

MAC

and

MAC!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't wear much makeup anymore, but a couple brands I absolutely LOVE are Urban Decay for eye liners and Stila for foundation.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • SaMmIe10SaMmIe10 Posts: 243Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I usually go for what is cheapest ... lol! Except for my mascara. I LOVE L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara but I always go waterproof. I have used it for so many years and never found anything better for my eyelashes. For foundation, I try to stick with Neutrogena because it makes me break out much less.
    Hair Type: Combo of 2A, 2B and 2C ... with a weird straight underlayer :dontknow:
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Low Poo: Yes To Cucumbers Color Protection Shampoo
    Cowash: VO5 Moisture Milks
    Styler: KCCC
    Gel: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel, Tigi Bed Head Creative Genius gel

Started CG 9/10/13
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have been a serious makeup junkie the past few years. I used to be loyal to one brand only. Cover Girl when I was younger, Clinique until they reformulated, and Estee Lauder after that. Those two along with Lancôme and drug store brands are all that is sold within 70 miles of me. In the past 2 years I have gone back to some Clinique Foundations and eye shadows (love their chubby sticks and cream shadows), still use Estee Lauder double wear light foundation and most of their other products. I also ADORE Chanel foundation (perfection and vita lumiere) and blushes, and have become a huge fan of Laura Mercier Cream Silk foundation, secret camouflage concealer, creamy under eye concealer, and translucent powder. Love Too Face and Urban Decay shadows. MAC lipstick, Lancôme Mascara. A lot of stuff :) I've been picking up products for some time. Having a good selection of foundations is most important to me though. I like having anything from the range of sheer to full coverage with velvet, matte, natural and dewy finishes.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I just tried Chanel, MAC, Too Faced and Urban Decay with in the last year. The closet mall didn't pick up their counters or get an Ulta until recently. That's been tax refunds and birthday money. I save them for special outings, but I now completely understand the fuss over and price of Chanel makeup. It's a religious experience.

PS- The Clinique foundation I use is Even Better. It's very good. Light/Med coverage but builds nicely. I would highly recommend every one I mentioned. The Even Better (it covers and corrects redness) is dewy, and so is the the Chanel VL. EL's Double Wear light is a little more on the dewy side as well but more natural. All very good for dry skin, and last well. The Chanel PL is matte. If you are having a dry skin moment, it will show every last patch, but it's great after exfoliation and moisturizing. The LM cream silk is more of a glowy velvet. It's probably the most expensive but literally only takes a pea sized drop to do your whole face.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Okay, one more and I shutting up, just in case anyone is interested, and because I am killing time.

The Clinique Even Better (good for dry to oily and combo. it's oil free, evens and brightens as well) and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light have the best color ranges, and are both great. The regular ELDW is great, too. It's just heavier in feel and coverage.

http://m.sephora.com/even-better-makeup-spf-15-P234967?skuId=1151109

http://www.esteelauder.com/product/643/22831/Product-Catalog/index.tmpl

The Chanel and LM both have a rather skimpy range of colors. That particular LM only has 6. I think the Chanel ProLumiere used to have more of a selection, and was a favorite for many skin types, but they discontinued it. They are supposed to be working on a better range, though. I'm usually the 2nd to lightest color with a natural or pink undertone so I stay in the pale.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LanikaiLanikai Posts: 52Registered Users
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    Okay, one more and I shutting up, just in case anyone is interested, and because I am killing time.

The Clinique Even Better (good for dry to oily and combo. it's oil free, evens and brightens as well) and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light have the best color ranges, and are both great. The regular ELDW is great, too. It's just heavier in feel and coverage.

Even Better Makeup SPF 15 - Clinique | Sephora

Double Wear Light | Estee Lauder Official Site

The Chanel and LM both have a rather skimpy range of colors. That particular LM only has 6. I think the Chanel ProLumiere used to have more of a selection, and was a favorite for many skin types, but they discontinued it. They are supposed to be working on a better range, though. I'm usually the 2nd to lightest color with a natural or pink undertone so I stay in the pale.

Thanks for the links Fifi.G That was some great information that you gave. Thank you!! :happy7:
    Lanikai wrote: »
    Fifi.G wrote: »

Even Better Makeup SPF 15 - Clinique | Sephora

Double Wear Light | Estee Lauder Official Site

Thanks for the links Fifi.G That was some great information that you gave. Thank you!! :happy7:

You are welcome! I did see both Chanel and Laura Mercier have a better range in some other foundations. Still not the best, but closer. I think Estee Lauder used to have a bit more until they reformulated a few years ago. Several were no longer a match for people. I do hate it when they have to do that, but I always appreciate a company that focuses on several different complexions and undertones. I remember the drug store hell of everything being too yellow years ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kirstine1213Kirstine1213 Posts: 3Registered Users
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I had been using Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe. I adore it![/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] It makes my face feel smooth and refreshed. I love this product so much, it quickly became my daily skin care routine. It is effective and affordable. It's worth a try. You can look it up on Amazon. [/FONT]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file