CurlTalk

Favs -

followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
Does anyone have a fav deep treatment or product in general - that is protein sensitive? And any that does have some protein ?

What was your hair's reaction to a little - mild protein?
3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
hair seems to be moody.
Does not seem to like oils
Does not like protein or too much?
Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.

Comments

• bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,307Registered Users
    Natural oils are the ****! And basically things I whip up myself. I love that stuff.
    There's juat something about knowing exactly what's in there. And partly because the only other dt I tried was the shea moisture mask. - it didn't wow me but its alright.

My hair likes mane and tail conditioner as a protein treatment. But then again I have coarse hair so the less I give my self protein the more normal it seems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    Natural oils are the ****! And basically things I whip up myself. I love that stuff.
    There's juat something about knowing exactly what's in there. And partly because the only other dt I tried was the shea moisture mask. - it didn't wow me but its alright.

My hair likes mane and tail conditioner as a protein treatment. But then again I have coarse hair so the less I give my self protein the more normal it seems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App

It's amazing how protein sensitive can react differently for everyone. Shea moisture doesn't not work for me, I think because it's too oily/ dense but partly because I think it has some protein.

I noticed you did a big chop this month! NOT TO through this thread off topic but how different are your curls managing? Why did you do it?
    I have been thinking about it as well but for me it's because of hair loss and a lot of dryness but I need to find a good stylist first before I even more forward with the idea. For all I know, I may not need a big chop.
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.