CurlTalk

Help! Newbie needs hair type advice :)

banibani Posts: 5Registered Users
Hey! Can someone please help me. I'm trying to figure out if I'm a 3 a or b or can you be somewhere in between?

Thank you a million! Please help me love + care for my curls the right way :)

Comments

• SimplySophiaSimplySophia Posts: 54Registered Users
    I would say 3a. It's not uncommon to have two, or more, curl types though. I have 3a hair on the outer layers but underneath I have thick 3b curls. And your hair could change with the seasons. The care for 3a/3b is pretty similar so have fun and experiment with the different routines to see which works best.
    Welcome to NC and I wish you and your curls all the best:)
    Type -3a/3b
    Cleanser-KCCC
    Condtioner-KCKT
    Products- Herbal Essences TT Mousse
  • banibani Posts: 5Registered Users
    I would say 3a. It's not uncommon to have two, or more, curl types though. I have 3a hair on the outer layers but underneath I have thick 3b curls. And your hair could change with the seasons. The care for 3a/3b is pretty similar so have fun and experiment with the different routines to see which works best.
    Welcome to NC and I wish you and your curls all the best:)

Hey SimplySophia!

Thank you so much for replying to me. I was unsure,so I really appreciate your culry wisdom.

I've just started wearing my hair curly about 18 months ago after being picked on, name called and generally made to feel like a bit of a weirdo for having curly locks. NC is amazing and full of so much curly info!

Thanks again and all the best to you and your curls :) :cheers: cheers: :cheers:
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Welcome Bani :) Yes, it looks like 3a to me too, but maybe with slight 3b tendencies.