I lost my iPod :-(

Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
I had a introductory training session at the gym yesterday. I brought my iPod in case he had me do any cardio (I get bored really easy). I didn't use it, but I had it with me the whole time. I couldn't find it this morning. I think I must have left it either in the trainer guy's office as he was talking to me at the end of the session, or the locker room. I went to the gym this morning (seriously, about 12 hours later) and no one had turned it in. :?

It's my own fault. And all my music is on my computer also. And it's really old and heavy. So it could be a lot worse. But I'm just so PISSED at myself. I've been doing stupid stuff like this all the time lately, I just don't know where my head is.

And I really can't workout without it. I might go buy a nano for $150-$200. And then if the old one turns up I'll give it to my mom or something.

A few weeks ago I was talking about how I wanted a new iPod but couldn't justify buying one because my old one was still perfectly good. I think I jinxed myself.

I feel like I'm NEVER gonna pay off my credit card bill. :x
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON

Comments

• MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I hope you find it! I know what you mean about not being able to work out without it. I can't either.

I left my iPod at the gym by accident once, and I knew exactly where. When I realized what I did just after I got home, I called the gym in a panic to see if they could go retrieve it for me. They wouldn't actually take 30 seconds to go and get it for me, so I had to drive all the way back. It was in exactly the same spot where I left it, amazingly. I was sure it would've been stolen!

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Ugh I'd be so upset if I lost my iPod! Mine is kind of old and heavy and the battery life sucks but I couldn't afford a new one, so I totally understand.

Have you talked to the trainer? If you left it in his office, he might be holding on to it until he hears from you (as opposed to turning it in to the gym).
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    iris427 wrote:
    Have you talked to the trainer? If you left it in his office, he might be holding on to it until he hears from you (as opposed to turning it in to the gym).

They front desk people took my name and number and said they'd talk to the trainers. Lots of trainers share the office. Also, the trainer I saw doesn't work on Wednesdays, so I plan to ask him on Thurday evening if he saw it.

I was just looking up iPods, though, and the little nanos are SO cute, and I could just clip it to my belt or arm....ooooooh, so tempting.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Bummer. :(
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    MizKerri wrote:
    I hope you find it! I know what you mean about not being able to work out without it. I can't either.

I left my iPod at the gym by accident once, and I knew exactly where. When I realized what I did just after I got home, I called the gym in a panic to see if they could go retrieve it for me. They wouldn't actually take 30 seconds to go and get it for me, so I had to drive all the way back. It was in exactly the same spot where I left it, amazingly. I was sure it would've been stolen!

I'd find a new gym. Unbelievable that they wouldn't help a customer like that.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • Resume WriterResume Writer Posts: 645Registered Users
    If you don't want to spend the money on an Ipod, you could get a cheaper MP3 player. I've seen some that are small and cute and probably work as well.

I have the nano and love it--it's the perfect size for the gym and exercising.

Sorry to hear that you lost yours--frustrating! I am always worried this will happen to me.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    iris427 wrote:
    MizKerri wrote:

I'd find a new gym. Unbelievable that they wouldn't help a customer like that.

Ugh, I know. I love the gym otherwise and was only holding it against the girl who was working the front desk and answered the phone. I think she quit or got fired though because suddenly she's no longer around.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Oh man, do I feel your pain. I simply can't workout without my iPod. I've had to do it once and it felt like THE longest workout ever. So I know how miserable you feel about it. Hopefully it will turn up though!!

Btw, why not buy one of the cute new shuffles instead? I just bought one a couple of weeks ago (in pink of course :wink: ), and even though I already have an iPod, my whole point of buying this one was for the gym. It's just so much more convenient to run with and do all the machines etc. So much lighter and you don't even feel it! So yeah, the convenience factor was the main reason, and it being a super cool pink had absolutely nothing to do with the decision. :P
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file