October Hits and Miss

naturalyogininaturalyogini Registered Users Posts: 430

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    I'm trying to kill my stash, but I will be buying some more of my sulfate free shampoo, suave humectant conditioner (to shampoo the cg way), tresemme naturals conditioner, & some V05 conditioner.
  • lisanaturallylisanaturally Registered Users Posts: 20
    Shea moisture total miss for me because the products I was using from their line had protein in them and I'm protein sensitive :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CurlTalk App
  • SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Registered Users Posts: 225
    Hit: Giovanni 2chic olive and avocado conditioner. This stuff is amazing. It detangled my hair like a breeze especially the crown. I know there is some kind of cone in the product but I really don't care. This product is making my detangling process much easier.
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Hit: Giovanni 2chic olive and avocado conditioner. This stuff is amazing. It detangled my hair like a breeze especially the crown. I know there is some kind of cone in the product but I really don't care. This product is making my detangling process much easier.

That is what I liked about silicones when I used them was the amazing slip.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • secret_karmasecret_karma Registered Users Posts: 438

Are you talking about the regular conditioner or the deep conditioner? I don't think the regular conditioner has cones. I just used up the regular conditioner; it has tons of slip, but it smells horrible. You're right though, it does detangle really nicely.
  • SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Registered Users Posts: 225
    It's the regular ultra moist avocado and olive oil conditioner. My friend who is an ingredient snob say it had some kind of cone in so that's why she is not using it in her hair. However, she does not have to deal with my hair so I am using it.
  • lashon20lashon20 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    Hits:

Jane Carter Solution Incredible Curls
    Camille Rose Naturals Fresh Curl Revitalizing Hair Smoother

Miss:

Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Cream
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Registered Users Posts: 717
    Hit: Tresseme naturals. Was on the lookout for a cheaper, easy to get on ground rinse out. Loved this for detangling and it's very moisturizing

Miss: Tresseme naturals' smell. Lord, I don't know if I'll use this again just because of the smell alone...and it lingers!!! I used another leave in and and gel for a wash and go and I can still smell it on my head.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    I so agree with you! The fragrance is sooooooo strong. I just couldn't deal with the scent, even though I loved the results.
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Hit: Tresseme naturals. Was on the lookout for a cheaper, easy to get on ground rinse out. Loved this for detangling and it's very moisturizing

Miss: Tresseme naturals' smell. Lord, I don't know if I'll use this again just because of the smell alone...and it lingers!!! I used another leave in and and gel for a wash and go and I can still smell it on my head.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • FronomenalFronomenal Registered Users Posts: 712 Curl Neophyte
    Hit: Nature's Gate Jojoba Revitalizing Conditioner as a detangler

I used it as a pre-shampoo detangler on dampened hair (water/glycerin spritz).

I like it much more than Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner for detangling 'cause it has more slip and moisture. The glycerin, fatty alcohols and emollients in the Nature's Gate Jojoba Revitalizing Conditioner really soften and smooth my hair. It's an staple in my routine after one use!

Ingredients: Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Borage Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Barley Extract, Horsetail Leaf Extract, Pansy Extract, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Fragrance*

• naturalyogininaturalyogini Registered Users Posts: 430
    Miss:

Botanical Spirit Cacao Vanilla Latte. Too watery and no slip. Great ingredients but not enough moisture for my hair. I added glycerin and sesame oil to it. No luck. Maybe I can mix it with the Busy Izzy which was also a bust.

Botanical Spirits Banana Moisturizing conditioner as a deep conditioner. Didn't do a thing. Last time I'm buying this one.

Botanical Spirits Hair Repair deep conditioner. Didn't do a thing. No slip or moisture. Why did I buy this one again??

HIt:

Botanical Spirits HerbExture detangling rinse. Works very well as a quick rinse out conditioner. Not so well as a leave-in as it doesn't have enough slip. Doesn't work as a condition wash--not enough slip. However it is quite moisturizing. Next time I'll get the 16 oz bottle.
    Mega Hit: Wetline Xtreme Gel. Got a beautiful 11 day wng (with much less tangling than usual), and fabulous twistout results. Huge amount of product, for a little price, one of the best gels I've ever tried : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Curlypad?feature=mhum

comic-p.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Rusycurly wrote: »

Hit:

I've been using the Tresseme Naturals Nourshing Moisture as my co-wash for the last few years. I love it. Anyway, I went to the drugstore to pick up 2 bottles, and by accident I pick up one bottle of the Tresseme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth. I used it as my co-wash, and while it doesn't feel as moisturizing as the Nourshing Moisture one, it's not stripping so I continued to use it. Well previously I attempted to use the Nourishing Moisture one as leave in, and my hair hated it so I went back to using it as my co-wash. Instead I was using my Cantu Shea Butter deep treatment as a leave in. It works fine, but there would definitely be build up over long term usage. So I was on the quest for a new leave in. Well, anyway, I tried the TN Vibrantly Smooth as a leave and OH MY GOD!!! My hair feels AMAZING. If I can duplicate the results for another week or so, it will become HOLY GRAIL status. That's how awesome it. It's moisturizing, but there is no residue on your hands, no white stuff, no hardness, no greasiness. So, so, so amazing. Usually I seal with a shea butter evoo mix, but I think a lighter oil will be enough considering how awesome this is as a leave in. Praise Jesus!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5804-1375905247-56.gif
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    hit: using up al products or giving them away
    miss: wheat germ oil on my skin
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file