Natural/Organic Body Soap or Soap Bars?

ncqsncqs Posts: 6Registered Users
Can anyone recommend "natural", "organic", or at least "safe" body/soap bars that would do more good than harm to your skin/body in the long run?

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I find any of the "homemade" variety to be great for skin. I make my own and my skin has never been better! I wouldn't buy any store bought.

Chagrin Valley is the well known soap bar company on the internet.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been using the Chagrin Valley castile soap bars from head to toe for several months now and love them. My skin has always been sensitive, especially on my face. I had no reaction at all to the castile, and my skin looks and feels great. They have a large variety depending on your skin's needs, and their customer service is excellent.
  • blubutterfly04blubutterfly04 Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like the South of France brand of bar soap. I buy mine off Vitacost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 9-1-09, Modified CG 1/10.3a/3b mix
    Low Porosity
    No Co-Washing, Using Mild Shampoos, Lo-poos: Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Moisture Shampoo, Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    Low-poo/Clarifiers: ACV rinses
    Leave in's: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    DT's: Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque,
    Stylers: AG:recoil, LA Looks Mega Hold Gel,
    ** Air dry ONLY, I love plopping!**
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    B-wavy wrote: »
    I've been using the Chagrin Valley castile soap bars from head to toe for several months now and love them. My skin has always been sensitive, especially on my face. I had no reaction at all to the castile, and my skin looks and feels great. They have a large variety depending on your skin's needs, and their customer service is excellent.

I always hear wonderful things about the Castile soaps. Several brands get great reviews in liquid or bar form. I know Dr. Bronners is available in most drug stores now, and several can be used as shampoos, body wash, and some as toothpaste. I always think back to the traditional Castile and end up avoiding. You only broke that out when you were covered in oil or grease, etc., but I know they have several types now.

I have hypersensitive skin and Canus Lait de Chevre Fragrance Free Goat's Milk Soap and Lotion work best for me. It's the only bar soap I have ever used that does not dry my skin, and I have tried multiple brands of organic and homemade soaps. It actually corrects my dryness and irritation. Goats milk is said to be the closest to a human bodies Ph that you can find.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MishayeMishaye Posts: 2Registered Users
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I find any of the "homemade" variety to be great for skin. I make my own and my skin has never been better! I wouldn't buy any store bought.

Chagrin Valley is the well known soap bar company on the internet.

How do you make your own? Recipe?...I'd like to start making my own too, haven't fiddled around online yet to find a good one.

Anyone use black soap? I absolutely love it. Just hard to find an all natural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file