Renpure Organic Argan Oil shampoo

okyouwinokyouwin Posts: 157Registered Users
I've been having shampoo problems on and off for a little while. All I've tried have left my hair a bit dry although I really can't ditch shampoo and only cowash-doesn't work well for me. I found Renpure Organics Argan Oil shampoo on sale at Shop Rite the other day and picked up a bottle. It left my hair soft and not a bit dry feeling! YAY! Just soft, light and bouncy. I hope to use it about once a week in conjunction with cowashing. Thought I'd pass it along...:salut:
I'm going to go ahead and say 3a
fine/medium texture and a bit porous-I color
Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
Microfiber towel/diffuse
Trying KKCC

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You know.. I saw this at the store and picked it up, but I wasn't sure how this would be so I put it down. I think the silicone had me scared, but apparently it's CG friendly. I'm glad you like it!!
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • okyouwinokyouwin Posts: 157Registered Users
    Good second day hair today too!:blob7:
    Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
    Are you planning to try the conditioner as well?
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is my go to low poo. Unfortunately the conditioner is no longer CG, since it contains amodimethicone. However, once a single layer is deposited, the a-cone repels itself, so additional layers don't deposit and build up. If you're low pooing and interested, I loved the conditioner too, as both fall /winter RO and winter LI.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    Geek_Chic wrote: »
    This is my go to low poo. Unfortunately the conditioner is no longer CG, since it contains amodimethicone. However, once a single layer is deposited, the a-cone repels itself, so additional layers don't deposit and build up. If you're low pooing and interested, I loved the conditioner too, as both fall /winter RO and winter LI.

That stinks. I may give this shampoo a try. I've been searching for a cheaper low poo.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If you watch the sales, you can find Renpure products on buy one get one free every so often, which means the shampoos end up being $3.50ish for 16oz, which is a steal. I cowash maybe once every 1-2 weeks, mostly concentrating on my scalp, but I do also work some through to the ends as well. Bought my bottle last year around this time, and I still have some left in the bottle. I don't need a ton to shampoo with, and it's always left my hair feeling clean but moisturized, never stripped.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    Awesome!! Renpure seems to have a lot of deals.. they sell it at my Walgreens, I will keep my eyes open and buy it when it's on sale. I still have lots of DC low poo left, so I'm in no hurry yet. Thanks for the tip!
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Great minds think alike LOL! I just picked up another bottle of this today at Bed Bath & Beyond, as I'm going back to a modified CG routine after having strayed into sulfate and silicones territory which didn't really do me any favors although my hair looked shinier for a bit. But it still felt dry - so back to co-washing(with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner that I love for this) with using the Renpure shampoo every 2nd or 3rd time which I was doing before I strayed. It's an excellent shampoo and not drying in the least. My best friend turned me on to this. The accompanying conditioner isn't as good so I don't use that. Instead I use the GVP Conditioning Balm as my rinse-out that's been a staple for me for 4 years now.
  • okyouwinokyouwin Posts: 157Registered Users
    I'm going to stick with my Tresemme Naturals conditioner. It hasn't failed me yet.
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file