We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Hair Too Soft!

FineCurlFineCurl Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello, Fellow Curlies,
I have 3A/B fine, thin, low density hair. My Live Curly Live Free analysis shows normal porosity and normal elasticity. Even though my hair has been thinning for a while now, the past several months has been horrible. I can no longer cover up my "thin" spots all around the crown. My hair feels way too soft. I don't know if it's product buildup or not. I have tried: clarifying shampoo, ACV rinse, baking soda/conditioner shampoo, chelating shampoo, using less conditioner, Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor, Nexxus Emergencee. I am at a loss. My hair used to have some body and lots of ringlets. I used to get compliments on my hair almost daily. No more. Now I have overly soft hair with little curl and lots of bald spots showing. Need help, please! Any ideas?
3A/B, Fine, Thin, Low Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity
NP/LP: DC No Poo, Mixed Chicks SF Shampoo
RO/LI: DC One Condition, DC Styling Cream, AG Recoil, sometimes no leave-in at all :cheese:
PT/DT: Joico KPak, Nexxus Emergencee, SS Deeply Decadent, CJ Curl Rehab
Sealer: DC Mirror Curls, Ouidad Mongongo Oil
Styler: DC ArcAngel, KCCC, CHS CurlKeeper, CK Coil Jam

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you been to a dermatologist or gotten any blood work done? that would be my first step, if you haven't done that already.

Have you tried a deep conditioner, instead of all the protein? It sounds like you've done a ton of things to dry out your hair. I would go the other route and see if putting moisture back in will solve it.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • FineCurlFineCurl Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried several deep conditioning treatments, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment and Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Intensive Moisturizing Treatment. Hair is worse. Soft, limp, no curl. I can't seem to get this right. I am making an appointment soon with a dermatologist and hopefully they will run some bloodwork. I am slightly hyperthyroid but on no medication. My scalp stays very, very red always, but no itching or soreness. Thinking of doing Aphogg two-step protein treatment, but it seems kinda scary!

I am new to this posting thing. How do you get your routine, products to show listed below all of your posts?
    RO/LI: DC One Condition, DC Styling Cream, AG Recoil, sometimes no leave-in at all :cheese:
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You're welcome. It always just takes trial and error to find the products that work for you. It took me about a year to find mine, and I'm still searching.. lol I hope you can find something to ease your troubles.

If you go up to the top turquoise bar, you'll see a link for "User CP". Then you'll find a link for "Edit Signature" on the left and you can put whatever you want! Welcome to the board!
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • FineCurlFineCurl Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks so much! I will repost with any news from the dermatologist.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Absolutely agree see your family doctor or a dermatologist, many of the things you have tried are harsh/ irritant and can worsen certain scalp problems.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    FineCurl wrote: »
    My scalp stays very, very red always, but no itching or soreness.

This is a sign that there's something going on that shouldn't be. Good luck at the dermatologist.
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
  • KellyofCurlsKellyofCurls Posts: 67Registered Users
    FineCurl, How are you doing now? Did you learn anything at the dermatologist?
    3A, Fine, Unsure of porosity
    Curly Girl since 11/10/13 - Still figuring out what works best for my hair!
    lopoo 1x per week with - Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo
    Conditioners: Sauve Naturals Tropical Coconut
    Gel: LA Looks Sports Gel
    Curl Refresher - water. Still looking for something
    PT: IAGirl's Protein Treatment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file