Any Comments about Curl Junkie Products?

Trina 08Trina 08 Registered Users Posts: 31
Does anyone use Curl Junkie products? How do you like it?

-Katrina
African American with type 4a hair. I have been natural since 2005.

Comments

• knhardeknharde Registered Users Posts: 100
    I tried a sample pack (had shampoo, 2 different conditioners, a leave in spray, and a leave in creme for thick, dry hair) and my hair was very dry after a few hours. The shampoo had a sulfate (not SLS or any of the more drying ones, but a sulfate/detergent nonetheless), and the rest of the products seemed to do nothing for my hair :/
    4a/b, a little 3c at the crown; current faves: Anita Grant, Qhemet, Oyin...natural since 2000...(currently 15 inches)
  • Kierra LockeKierra Locke Registered Users Posts: 45
    I love their conditioning shampoo, it replaced the Elucence shampoo as part of my routine.

The curl cream is great at first but I couldn't get 2nd day hair with it and had to shampoo more often. However, my hair tangled less as well.

I tried the sample pack of their thick & luscious conditioners but ultimately preferred Elucence. Their conditioners were too thick to distribute and I felt I was using a lot just to detangle.
    4a, natural for 5 years :mrgreen:
    Poo: Still on the lookout!
    CoWash: Also need a good one. Recently restarted this.
    RO Conditioner: EMB but looking for something with more detangling power
    DC: CJHB
    LI: EMB
    Style: CJCCCC, HESMU spray gel
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i like the idea of supporting a young black female entrepreneur but the one product that i bought doesn't absorb well in my hair. i was thinking of using is as a deep conditioner until i run out. i have the Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner. i think i may need to just find a different item. actually one of the best leave in for me is the Black Earth Protective Mist Bodifier, it's not cream based at all but i really like it in my hair. maybe i should stop searching for a HG and realize i might have already found it.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file