best concealer?

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
any recs?

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    MAC's new stick concealer has a lovely creamy consistency and they're making it in their full range of shades.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    actually that's what I just bought. I took a chance and figured if it's good for my makeup artists, then it's good for me. I also purchased studiofix powder and lipstick in cherish.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    hey i wanna get some of these MAC products you're always whoring, Rouquinne! :wink:

Seriously, though, I'm not very good with makeup. How does buying concealer work? Should I go to a dept. store like Dillard's or a discount dept store/drugstore or a specialty store (like Sephora)? Sephora is like 60 miles away from me though, darn.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    woo hoo, webbie!

did you see the new collection, Chromezone? technically, they aren't supposed to put it out until today, but some places will set it out as soon as they get it.

curlyara, when it comes to foundation and concealer, i'm a big believer in buying a colour that matches your skin EXACTLY. drugstore foundations come in a limited range of colours and not many people can use them. if you can, go for it.

otherwise, a department store will have a better selection of upper-end products with many more shade selections of foundation products.

Sephora would be ideal because you can try almost any line available in the United States and you'd be sure to get the one that suits you best.

even if it *isn't* MAC! :D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I saw something new in Nordies. Dont remember the name though. It was a collection of neutral pallates but with a springtime feel.

if you click on my little house and look in the photos entitled "portfolio" you can see what she did. All the stuff she used was MAC except for the mascara. She used loreal volumunous
  • Agent ScarlettAgent Scarlett Registered Users Posts: 275
    Bobbie Brown cosmetics makes a really good concealer. It's called Blemish cover stick. This is the only concealer that truly matches my skin tone. I have yellow undertones and all other concealers tend to be too pink or orange on me. Love, love, love it!
  • redscubaredscuba Registered Users Posts: 4
    Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer is amazing. It comes in a generously sized pot, and you only need the smallest amount to cover any circles or discoloration under the eyes. It's the best I've ever used.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    I actually vote for Almay's cream-type concealer, if it's still made. I haven't bought any for years because I stocked up the last time I purchased it. It's "Amazing Lasting Concealer". It has a sponge-tipped wand & the tube's square with silver cap, band, & lettering. It works awesome for me, covering a lot & staying on a long time.
  • pots&panspots&pans Registered Users Posts: 2
    Bobbie Brown Blemish cover stick
    I agree with that rec. It's the perfect concealer for spots. I'm an LLL, MAC NC20 and Porcelain matches my skin in winter, and Warm Sand matches in summer.

The best concealer in the entire known universe is Cle de Peau. I use Ivory.
    22 • 2a, dark blonde hair • Hazel eyes • LLL • Life is sweet 40157-221.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file