CurlTalk

Religion was created by man not god

BronxJazzyBronxJazzy Posts: 19Registered Users
Religion was created by man. Before there was religion god reigned the heaven and the earth. He reigned before jesus was born before mohammad or moses were born. He used them to get through to the world but they were men and not perfect. God is not jesus he is god. People always get that wrong. Jesus is the son of god and a prophet or messanger of god. He was used by god to show his power on the earth. That is all. All religions are a path to god except witchcraft. With witchcraft you rely on your own power and not gods. So its an abomination to god. The quaran torah and bible are history books. They are a history of gods power. That is all. They were created by man so they are imperfect.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    BronxJazzy wrote: »
    Religion was created by man. Before there was religion god reigned the heaven and the earth. He reigned before jesus was born before mohammad or moses were born. He used them to get through to the world but they were men and not perfect. God is not jesus he is god. People always get that wrong. Jesus is the son of god and a prophet or messanger of god. He was used by god to show his power on the earth. That is all. All religions are a path to god except witchcraft. With witchcraft you rely on your own power and not gods. So its an abomination to god. The quaran torah and bible are history books. They are a history of gods power. That is all. They were created by man so they are imperfect.

Oy...you do know that you have no proof of any of this, right? This is all just your subjective opinion.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really want to respond to this but I wouldn't know where to start and I don't like to be offensive about other people's beliefs.
    3b in South Australia.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    OP, what is this thread for? Your post doesn't seem like the start of a conversation.
  • honeysweet20honeysweet20 Posts: 361Registered Users
    Your hair is nice :shock::dontknow:
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    I disagree "all religions are a pathway to [your] God". There are various polytheistic religions, Wicca is far from the only one.

I find it offensive that you dismiss Wicca as an abomination to your God, just as it would be offensive to suggest that Christianity is an abomination to, say, atheists. We could just respect one another's belief systems proving they do not deliberately harm others.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I disagree "all religions are a pathway to [your] God". There are various polytheistic religions, Wicca is far from the only one.

I find it offensive that you dismiss Wicca as an abomination to your God, just as it would be offensive to suggest that Christianity is an abomination to, say, atheists. We could just respect one another's belief systems proving they do not deliberately harm others.

There are several polytheistic religions, that is a fact. There is a great deal of beauty in them as well, and I completely agree with respecting others beliefs.

I come from a land mainly ruled by Southern Baptists. The overwhelming majority believe a preacher should not be educated in theology. He should be called by God. (ETA: That stems from years of many not being able to get an education past the 4th to 6th grade due to family obligations and many who never had the means to get an education past high school.) The downside of that, imo, is that they have little to no understanding of other religions and are often the first to condemn Wiccan's and other forms of Paganism as devil worship. I can't help but have a little chuckle because I also live in an area founded by Irish and Scottish immigrants, who were Celts, and they still plant things based on pagan signs. They also follow several other nature based beliefs, rules, stories, superstitions that come from Pagan roots. It's second nature. They just have no idea what comes from. I can't get mad because it's an honest lack of understanding along with some firmly planted beliefs, but I can easily explain how silly the notion is.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users
    Fifi.G you must laugh hard when you think of the dates of Easter, Halloween and Christmas.
  • CURLYanddy_CURLYanddy_ Posts: 198Registered Users
    But, what's the point of this post though?

- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. 😋
    Blueblood wrote: »
    Fifi.G you must laugh hard when you think of the dates of Easter, Halloween and Christmas.

The Winter Solstice. Sunrise services being meant to worship the Pagan Sun God, and snacking on a chocolate fertility symbol. And Samhain. I am fond of Samhain, and rather irritated that some are now requesting children not be allowed to wear halloween costumes to school.

It is an intertwining. 12 religions have the same Golden Rule, which is an intertwining as well, and a rather beautiful one I think.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1381106815.080093.jpg

This one has Native Spirituality added as well, which is pretty cool. I like the commons between mono and polytheistic as well as spiritual/nature based religions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AmyJeanneAmyJeanne Posts: 12Registered Users
    d7d
    2c/3a "Boticelli Waves", coarse, low/normal porosity, normal density, normal elasticity (GoosefootPrints analysis).

Back to CG after several attempts at no-poo.
    Trying to get back my curl (BS/ACV and pregnancy did a number on it).

Low-Poo: Devacurl No-Poo, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus
    Rinse-Out/Leave-In: Deavacurl One Condition, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Stylers: Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel

Looking for the lowest maintenance, natural care routine possible.
    The Dude has spoken.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CURLYanddy_CURLYanddy_ Posts: 198Registered Users
    AmyJeanne wrote: »
    d7d

Hahahaha!

- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. 😋
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is nice :shock::dontknow:

This post made my night...thank you. I can't stop laughing.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • FrostiiLoveFrostiiLove Posts: 105Registered Users
    Although I agree with quite a bit of what the OP said; I don't really discuss it because then I'd have to go into details with facts and such to back it up. Also, I'd have to deal with people that are to defensive to even hear me out. I don't think she should have started such a deep issue with an extremely vague approach.

So here is just one example of some facts about "Jesus". Please feel free to research any of the info given, I encourage it. I've spent 12 years factually researching various religions and I have much more "proof" but this just about covers it, generally speaking.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQqFtpV4i4zs" class="Popup

I believe in a mighty God, never doubted there was a higher power. I'm just not so convinced of all the other things people attach to God. I don't feel we need to argue, I'm sure we can discuss, disagree or agree on this post just like any other non-hair post.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I was right with you on the first sentence, "Religion was created by man", but then you lost me.

I would have continued it with something like....Religion was created by man, as a way to comfort oneself and to explain things that couldn't be explained, and it became a useful tool to control people.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    But, what's the point of this post though?

- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. ��

And notice the O.P never came back! Thank you for not feeding into this and being good sports everyone!:twisted:
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Religion was created by woman, and that woman.... was ME. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
  • LovemenappyLovemenappy Posts: 332Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Religion was created by woman, and that woman.... was ME. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

LMAO.....Goddess Eilonwy :angel10:
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    At first I thought the OP was a Jehovah's Witness.. which would make sense, maybe this was her field work for the day. But then all other religions are "worldly", so maybe not. I wonder what religion this is from, it kind of sounds like her own.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    "THOU SHALL NOT TROLL." spoketh Goddess Eilonwy
  • niquibaniquiba Posts: 2Registered Users
    Broad is the road that lead to destruction & many there be that go through it ... narrow is the gate that lead to life and few there be that find it (Matthew 7:13-14) ... this describes the lives of many in the world today ...

I keep hearing this ... ref. ... 'all religions are a path to god' (wide road) ... share truth but why debate with those who have come up with their own version of God - the sinful nature in each of us refuses to bow down to revealed truth (apostasy), unless we seek God & not the carnal mind, b/c it says 'that's not what i believe' (but really on the inside a voice is saying that's not what I want 2 believe or I think I like this or this works for me ...). Since when does not believing in something make it untrue? Or since something is not true to me, now truth has become a relativistic ideaology? Truth is truth whether or not we believe it, choose it, receive it, know it, understand it, accept it, refuse it, love it, hate it and/or live it. Our carnal senses & our inherent limitations will fool us into believing we're receiving from God not knowing that the 'god' we're really serving is a self erected idol created so that I can come to God on my own terms & so that I can have a god that accommodates 'me'. Hey a spade is a spade & u cannot come 2 God on ur own terms (wide road). We live in an information age where most of us google, wikipedia and youtube just about everything and we haven't even gotten on our knees and asked the Lord for divine revelation (wide road) . As time progresses what you will end up having is a lot of people touting off information with little to no revelation. I'm not against studying history and all that but the power that comes from my Father in heaven supersedes all. If all of what everyone else deems as true is true, look INTO their life & see where's the power? The giftings & callings of God cannot be emulated or duplicated. Read your Bible, look @ Jesus ' life - the life of a saint period. Even the comment about the Hagin guy is straight information ... no revelation. My ex tried to get me to believe in that nonsense and truth be told that man does not have all his facts straight - the blind leading the blind. Just another 'pastor' indoctrinating folks 4 his personal pursuits. Christ followers have 2 learn 2 think 4 themselves but most of us have been so tainted &/or brainwashed in church it's hard to believe in this Jesus that everyone talks about w/o either customizing their own personalized version void of revealed truth or just completely absolving themselves of a relationship w/ Christ altogether as a result of all the widespread falsities ... and this is a HUGE (note, not the only) reason why so many people invent a new path to God in these last days b/c u can get anybody to believe in new doctrine as long as it sounds good to ME (wide road). I've studied b/c I've had my own doubts about what was being taught in churches & by religious leaders & u know what most of my confusion was a result of lies, lies and more lies being taught which is why I hate most of what goes on in church but the more I studied, got on my knees and prayed there is an absolute point of convergence as it relates to proving & disproving the Bible or Jesus or whatever else naysayers come up with to create dissent (it's funny how a lot of the dissent @ Jesus & his life happened long after Jesus died - people want their own version of what appeals to ME (wide gate) )-TRUTH: Jesus was more than a prophet, more than a messenger, more than a great philosopher, more than an afrocentric god/idol (many black people I speak to, I'm black btw, love to use this as an argument for not coming to Christ in lieu of an oft inaccurately depicted european portrayal of Christ ... God is colorblind and heaven is 'colorful' - bickering about the color of Jesus ' skin does not get u in so STOP using that as an argument, it's weak & futile). Irregardless of this, where is ur power? He's a saviour - what did he save? Not only did he die but he rose from death ... died to carry our adamic nature/ our flesh to the cross w/ him; rose... he carried us through the cross to kill the sinful nature in us so that we would be resurrected with new life & a transformed mind by way of the Word of God (words of God recorded by witness accounts). If we're really dead to the flesh we will be alive in Spirit operating as spiritual agents in this world -operating outside of the flesh realm & inside of the spiritual realm. Most people today who call themselves Christians are not taking up their cross & dying daily, so hence since they're not following Christ & they have no power. Don't turn your back on Jesus or vary from the Word based upon what other people are doing - I have observed this so much & it's disheartening cuz if people don't repent & change they will perish right along with their false doctrine ... this life is @ a walk w/ Christ (& it's not going to be easy) so that that which we would instinctively want to do would be taken to the cross to DIE so that we can discover His will for our life. I know it goes against everything that makes sense to us here on earth in time & space but on the other side ur going2 hv 2 stand on ur own 2 feet b4 God's judgment & all this information we have at our fingertips will not get you in. Get 2 your Bible, study 4 yourself,fast, pray & obey daily & u will get revelation, the kind that this world will never be able to give ... evil is lurking & it has to be confronted. The angel of light & ministers of righteousness are deceiving the masses EVERYWHERE (including church) - been there done that. It's time to confront .... confrontation b/c people don't come to the truth lest they be reproved (narrow gate).

God help us all!!!

Blessings...

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    You know what I believe in? Paragraphs.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hilarious, Dedachan. +1000! :thumbright:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • AmyJeanneAmyJeanne Posts: 12Registered Users
    I have a degree in theology and I still only understood bits and pieces of that :dontknow:
    2c/3a "Boticelli Waves", coarse, low/normal porosity, normal density, normal elasticity (GoosefootPrints analysis).

Back to CG after several attempts at no-poo.
    Trying to get back my curl (BS/ACV and pregnancy did a number on it).

Low-Poo: Devacurl No-Poo, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus
    Rinse-Out/Leave-In: Deavacurl One Condition, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Stylers: Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel

Looking for the lowest maintenance, natural care routine possible.
  • inhisgripinhisgrip Posts: 18Registered Users
    much, probably......but I understood it perfectly. She's a sister in Christ. :)

Here's all I know....I have peace beyond peace that what I have found (Jesus) is the Truth. And, there was no creating that peace before, no matter how hard I tried and looked and wanted it. There is no more searching for me.
    2c, 3a & b, very fine, porous, thin density
    V05 Kiwi Lime or water co-wash, Deva Low Poo
    Love CJ Repair Me and Fairytales Curly-Q Gel
    Dedachan wrote: »
    You know what I believe in? Paragraphs.

Amen!:thumbright::cheers::angel3:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    AmyJeanne wrote: »
    I have a degree in theology and I still only understood bits and pieces of that :dontknow:

I'm impressed you read it!
    3b in South Australia.