Another Dear Friend Passed Away....:(

LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
I just heard this morning that Carole Ann passed away. She had a massive heart attack and her family found her in her home. Same thing happened to my other friend. I guess this is what happens as you get older...your friends die.

I'm heart broken. She was such an incredible woman and we had been friends for many, many years. She lived right behind me when I was married. We had so much fun together. We would even skinny dip together at night when our husbands were gone. We were like soul mates of the same sex. We both lived in culdy sacs on the end and she had this little dog called Little Bit. Little Bit would come over each day and take his paw and knock on my front door. He would come over to play with my dog.

On my 36th birthday she walked over and I was pruning the plants in my yard. She told me to wash my face and hands and come over. She had a surprise for me. We had Paul Newman popcorn and watched a Robert Redford movie "Out of Africa". She knew these were 2 of my favorite men. She kept me sane thru that time in my marriage and gave me so much joy and fun in my life.

I love you Carole Ann and I will always be thankful for your friendship. :love6:
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Sorry for your loss and that you have so many difficult things happening at once. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • macluanmacluan Registered Users Posts: 326
    Lotsa, What an incredible eulogy for your friend. I am so sorry for your loss.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm so sorry for your loss. What a great friend.
  • OBBOBB caliRegistered Users Posts: 4,174 Curl Neophyte
    (((Lotsa-hugs)))
  • PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    ((Lotsa))

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Thank you all. I want to scream out "Why????!!!!, What is going on here???" I'm just trying to keep my faith and be strong. My tears are cleansing me. Maybe I'm being tested. I really don't know. I thank God for all of you who are being so supportive for me at this time in my life. Bless all of you!
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    oh Lotsa, I'm so sorry
  • anonymous_133347anonymous_133347 Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    Terribly sorry for your loss. I lost two loved ones myself very quickly a few years back and it's so terrible. Just as you're getting over your grief in one instance, tragedy strikes all over again. It's incredibly disheartening.
    3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
    Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
    Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
    Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm so sad to read of your loss Lotsa. The sincerity of the responses in this thread tells you how much we love you and care about you. {{{Lotsa}}}
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Registered Users Posts: 2,816
    Lotsa, I don't post much these days but I've been reading your posts with interest. Some years are like the one you're having -- all the bad seems to pile on at once.

You seem to be a really amazing woman who's open to growing. That's awesome to see. Your sunny personality just radiates. Hang in there -- it usually does get better.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • yossarianyossarian Registered Users Posts: 967
    My sincere condolences, Lotsa. You have already endured more than your fair share of trials and tribulations. It is often said God never gives us more than we can handle, but it would be nice if He eased up on occasion ...

Ts and Ps that it gets better for you.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm sorry Lotsa. Hugs to you.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • B-wavyB-wavy Between Richmond and Charlottesville, VARegistered Users Posts: 1,733 Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsa, I don't post much these days but I've been reading your posts with interest. Some years are like the one you're having -- all the bad seems to pile on at once.

You seem to be a really amazing woman who's open to growing. That's awesome to see. Your sunny personality just radiates. Hang in there -- it usually does get better.

^ This. Lotsa, Carole Ann sounds like a great friend and a wonderful person, and I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((hugs))))
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so sorry! I wish your bestie was still here for you during this rough time. RIP, Carole Ann. ((HUGS))
  • claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    Here's something one of my clients said to everyone at his company during a terrible time:

"Tough times don't last; tough people do."

I have found this advice to be excellent. There have been days when I walked the dogs, repeating this to myself over and over. It helped.

There is also a prayer I read about by Anne Lamott:

"Help me, help me, help me; thank you, thank you, thank you."

I like that one before I go to sleep.
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    I'm very sorry, Lotsa.

We should all be so lucky to have a great friendship like that in our lives.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Carole Ann and I were friends for 26 years. During the time we were neighbors she always had hummingbirds. I was a little nervous around them so I didn't have a feeder myself. When she had to move away she gave me her feeder and asked that I feed her hummingbirds. She was sure they would find their way to my house. I did and I learned to love them. Since then I always have 1 or 2 feeders wherever I live.

I have 2 feeders at my place now and 3 hummingbirds that come around. I always name my hummingbirds and these 3 are called Larry, Moe, and Curly. My favs were Ricky and Lucy at another place I lived. Anyway, I was sitting on my patio crying yesterday. I heard the whirr of the wings and I looked up and one hummingbird was hovering in front of me. They have never come that close on my patio. I was speechless and just kept watching it as it watched me. It finally flew away. I told Jim about the incident which surprised him as well, but then he said it had to be Carole Ann letting you know she was OK. :angel7:
    From Michael Berg:

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so sorry Lotsa, will keep you in my thoughts.
    3b in South Australia.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    We were posting at the same time - that's a lovely thing to have happened, I hope it gives you a little comfort.
    3b in South Australia.
    It does Starmie. I know she is home now, but she is missed. I feel so sorry for the family. Her husband is suffering from severe dementia. He's confused with what is going on. Her son is a quadraplegic, so it's hard for him to take on too much. Hopefully, her daughters will step up. When I talked to her son he didn't even know when there would be a funeral. He said she had always said she wanted to be cremated. I think he's letting the daughters take charge. It was so hard hearing him cry. I wish I had the money to go there.
    From Michael Berg:

• Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I am so sorry, Lotsa.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juanabjuanab Registered Users Posts: 4,037 Curl Neophyte
    I am sorry for your loss.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file