second day hair troubles

curlygirly224curlygirly224 Posts: 16Registered Users
I usually have 3b curls, but I have super fine hair. I've tried to pineapple my hair over night, and also i've tried a satin night cap (and both at once), and "plopping" my dry hair over night, but I always wake up with my curls crushed and poofy with no definition. My hair is not like that on days that I shower. I don't use much product in it, just a few sprays of a little formula I made that has aloe vera gel, vegetable glycerine, coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil and argan oil which works very well for me on days that I shower. Anyone else have problems with this? Do you think using a gel would help? I also got a redew hair steamer thing for christmas that I haven't bothered using yet, do you think that would help? I was thinking about trying to put curlers or something in my chair over night for a different second day look, but am worried that that would be really uncomfortable.

Comments

• okyouwinokyouwin Posts: 157Registered Users
    I have to spritz my hair with water on the second day and scrunch a bit. I get my definition back that way. Have you tried that?
    I'm going to go ahead and say 3a
    fine/medium texture and a bit porous-I color
    Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    The only way I can get my curls back is with re-wetting my hair on the 2nd day also. I've tried every method known to man, except lots of small braids - but I want my curls, not waves.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights