Any 3bs that use SheaMoisture?

LoveLongCurlsLoveLongCurls Posts: 53Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I just bought new products in the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus line and replaced my empty bottles and I now have a complete product line. However I'm having a little issue trying to incorporate the 2 conditioners into my regimen. Part of the line includes a co-wash conditioning cleanser and a curl and shine conditioner. It also has a curl & style milk that is used for styling that is practically the same as a leave-in conditioner.

So my question is do you think it would be best to use the curl and shine conditioner as a deep conditioner, use the co-wash as a co-wash on other days and since it says to rinse it out use the milk as a leave-in styler? Just want to get some other opinions if anyone else has tried it or has any tips :)

1377391_589411904451523_464799669_n.jpg
3B, Thick, High Porosity, High Density
Length: Waist Length curly
Goal: Hip length curly/Classic length straight
Beginning of hair journey: Sept. 27th, 2012 :)

Shampoo: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo
Conditioner: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Cowash

Comments

• lalogalaloga Posts: 4Registered Users
    I've only used that particular line a few times. I really wanted to like it, but it didn't seem to make a difference for my hair, (3 combo, med to low porosity, dense, medium texture), and it smelled...bad. Like rancid fruit bad. :(

The baobab/yucca thickening line, however, I really like, as well as the regular shea butter line.
    - 3 combo, med-to-low porosity, medium texture, dense, shoulder length and counting
    - Florida humidity = constant frizz battles!
    - glycerin sensitive

• LoveLongCurlsLoveLongCurls Posts: 53Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used the hair milk from that line with the smoothie from the coconut and hibiscus line and it worked really great before. I realized though that my hair is so thick that if I attempted to use the yucca line I'd use the product faster. I've tried out quite a few products in the coconut line and now that I have the entire set I've realized it works wonders! I like that there are 2 conditioners and one of them is specifically for a co-wash. But the three products I really like using are the hair milk, curl enhancing smoothie and frizz-free curl mousse. I never thought a mousse would work in my hair but boy was I surprised! My hair naturally poofs when it dries and shrinks up to my shoulders when it's actually past bsl stretched. The mousse tamed quite a bit of the poof and my curls were a bit more defined from the products but I still have the issue of my curls all sort of "blending" to look like one huge poof lol I'm still experimenting and trying to find a way to define my curls so that they all stand out as their own individual curls.
    3B, Thick, High Porosity, High Density
    Length: Waist Length curly
    Goal: Hip length curly/Classic length straight
    Beginning of hair journey: Sept. 27th, 2012 :)

Shampoo: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo
    Conditioner: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Cowash

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file