What is your favorite all natural leave in?

Wavygirl1Wavygirl1 Registered Users Posts: 165
Specifically, I am looking for something that won't make my frizz worse. I am dealing with year round high dews and high porosity hair. It seems most products have glycerin in the top 5 ingredients. Thanks!
2a/b, med/high porosity, high density, fine texture

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    There is no such thing as an all natural leave in conditioner, a 'true' conditioner is rich in the major emollients (fatty alcohols and cationic surfactants) - these are made by chemical reaction in a factory, they are not found in nature. Many of us use our wash out conditioner as a leave in.

If I could get these in the UK I'd try one, both contain ingredients that can patch repair damage (18-MEA, ceramides, hydrolysed protein, panthenol)
    Products - Komaza Care
    Simply Scientific Hair Conditioner - Scientific Essentials Hair care

To reduce porosity do overnight (or longer) coconut oil soaks on dry hair.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • Wavygirl1Wavygirl1 Registered Users Posts: 165
    There is no such thing as an all natural leave in conditioner, a 'true' conditioner is rich in the major emollients (fatty alcohols and cationic surfactants) - these are made by chemical reaction in a factory, they are not found in nature. Many of us use our wash out conditioner as a leave in.

If I could get these in the UK I'd try one, both contain ingredients that can patch repair damage (18-MEA, ceramides, hydrolysed protein, panthenol)
    Products - Komaza Care

Could any of the Komaza conditioner pull double duty as rinse out and leave in or do you only like their leave in that you linked. Also, are their products good for high porosity in high dews....no humectants?

As far a coconut oil, should I mix anything with it, or will plain coconut oil do the trick?

Thank you, I have been fighting frizz my whole life and I am sick of it!
    2a/b, med/high porosity, high density, fine texture
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte

Products - Komaza Care

Went to look at the Scientific Essentials Hair Care. They have ingredients lists, just talked some of the qualities and ingredients. Do you know what the ingredients are??
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Wavygirl1 wrote: »

Products - Komaza Care

As far a coconut oil, should I mix anything with it, or will plain coconut oil do the trick?

You can use plain coconut oil or a coconut oil mix especially formulated for hair. (There are some products out there just make sure it doesn't have mineral oil) Either way it will be solid at room temperature unless it's very hot, so you will have to put the container in hot water to turn it back into oil. You only need a little on your hair.

If coconut oil is too heavy then try almond oil, olive oil or jojoba oil.
    Wavygirl1 wrote: »
    Could any of the Komaza conditioner pull double duty as rinse out and leave in or do you only like their leave in that you linked. Also, are their products good for high porosity in high dews....no humectants?

Straight up coconut oil on dry hair is what has been scientifically studied for reducing porosity, increasing elasticity, preserving structural proteins during washing/ wetting. Some people add honey as a humectant.

You can use other Komaza Care products if you prefer, some are quite rich/ heavy (coconut curl lotion, Califa line) so more for those with very tight curl patterns and/ or coarse and dry hair - and others are super light (Moja and the sprays). I suggested the Matani leave in due to the combination of proven ingredients for damaged hair, I do use the repair treatment spray on my colour treated/ porous hair. A fair few of their products contain aloe vera IIRC, all the ingredients are on the website.

kathymack wrote: »
    Went to look at the Scientific Essentials Hair Care. They have ingredients lists, just talked some of the qualities and ingredients. Do you know what the ingredients are??

Not the full list frustratingly: I posted on their Facebook page and got this load of marketing spin. Still ingredients sound promising and I would purchase it if it were available here. 18-MEA is frustratingly rare in haircare, more so without silicones, and I don't like to only push Komaza Care! If you can get full ingredients please PM them to me.

"The brand was built around high performing pure ingredients. We get our amazing efficacy from a powerful source of 18MEA to replenish the cuticle and protect it from everyday wear. There is also combination of hydrolyzed soy and wheat protein, silk amino acids, and keratin proteins to give long term nourishment and promote healthy vibrant look. There is also other powerful conditioning actives, reinforced with active Vitamin E and Provitamin and has a great vibrant fragrance. The line is also successful as we obtained the efficacy and beat the prestige competitor segment without adding NO sulfate, parabens, dyes, or silicone. We have grown in the past year for people that have straightened hair and even in the ethnic and curly hair market, though we designed this line for a universal regiment for any hair."
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Blueblood wrote: »
    You can use plain coconut oil or a coconut oil mix especially formulated for hair. (There are some products out there just make sure it doesn't have mineral oil) Either way it will be solid at room temperature unless it's very hot, so you will have to put the container in hot water to turn it back into oil. You only need a little on your hair.

If coconut oil is too heavy then try almond oil, olive oil or jojoba oil.

For reducing porosity, increasing elasticity, sparing protein the only proven oil is coconut. Olive can also penetrate and sweet almond likely will since it's also rich in oleic acid, but the eicosenoic acid in jojoba likely does not penetrate - it's a fairly large, non linear molecule.

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte

Not the full list frustratingly: I posted on their Facebook page and got this load of marketing spin. Still ingredients sound promising and I would purchase it if it were available here. 18-MEA is frustratingly rare in haircare, more so without silicones, and I don't like to only push Komaza Care! If you can get full ingredients please PM them to me.

"The brand was built around high performing pure ingredients. We get our amazing efficacy from a powerful source of 18MEA to replenish the cuticle and protect it from everyday wear. There is also combination of hydrolyzed soy and wheat protein, silk amino acids, and keratin proteins to give long term nourishment and promote healthy vibrant look. There is also other powerful conditioning actives, reinforced with active Vitamin E and Provitamin and has a great vibrant fragrance. The line is also successful as we obtained the efficacy and beat the prestige competitor segment without adding NO sulfate, parabens, dyes, or silicone. We have grown in the past year for people that have straightened hair and even in the ethnic and curly hair market, though we designed this line for a universal regiment for any hair."

Don't want to hijack this thread, LOL! Tried to contact them and their contact email program isn't working. All I get is error messages. Will let you know if I find out anything.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Registered Users Posts: 423
    Yes to carrots leave in,Kinky Curly Knot Today , Dr.brohners leave in(citric acid).Shea Moisture milk(mostly natural)Ibelieve these products are at least 97% natural.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
  • IrisChacon1984IrisChacon1984 Registered Users Posts: 158
    Here's my top three

Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today and Sheamoisture Shea Butter Leave in Conditioner.

I want to the try the Giovanni Leave in but I can never find the Giant Pump Bottle in Marshall's or T.J. Maxx.
    Last Perm: August 2007
    BC: June 21st 2008,
    3C/4A Thick Curly/Kinky texture, low porosity

Products:
    Pre-Poo - EVOO
    Poo- Creme of Nature (Red Label), KCCC
    Cowash - HEHH & HENOYF, Aussie Moist
    DT- Herbal Essence Hydraliscious Reconditioning Conditioner
    Leave in-KCKT, KBBHM (EM)
    Moisturizer: OHM Frank Juice, KBBHB (VL)
    Oil: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil
    Styling: KCCC, QBOHHB.

http://public.fotki.com/ShiraLaCocolita/

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    I'm really loving the Nature's Gate Henna. I don't seem to have the same results with anything else. Although it does have glycerin toward the top. I don't seem to have issues with it though if I seal my hair.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • kcdaudakcdauda Registered Users Posts: 13
    You should try natural oils e.g coconut its so cheap to buy as well so its worth a try. I have just posted my curly hair routine on my blog if you want to have a read My Curly Hair Routine! | Kumbear xo: My Curly Hair Routine!
  • SistapopdemcurlSistapopdemcurl Registered Users Posts: 225
    Koils by Nature and Oyin honey hemp conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file