Spanish help!

CaribbeanQueenCaribbeanQueen Registered Users Posts: 24
I live in a Spanish speaking household. My husband and I moved in with his family until we get on our feet...its ok Except I'm the only English speaking one. my husband on the other hand, knows enough Spanish to defend.himself! I want to not only learn for my children (future children) but I've Always wanted to learn..for free..have any of you learned Spanish fluently or any other language(s) alone? how long did it take? please help with any positive feedback.
I Truly appreciate it :)

ÇärïbbëänQüëën

Comments

• slimssocoilyslimssocoily Registered Users Posts: 143
    I live in a Spanish speaking household. My husband and I moved in with his family until we get on our feet...its ok Except I'm the only English speaking one. my husband on the other hand, knows enough Spanish to defend.himself! I want to not only learn for my children (future children) but I've Always wanted to learn..for free..have any of you learned Spanish fluently or any other language(s) alone? how long did it take? please help with any positive feedback.
    I Truly appreciate it :)

ÇärïbbëänQüëën

It took a while I am still learning but I know enough I speak spanish had 3 years of french and a little bit Korean and in the process of trying to learn a different African language but the only thing with Spanish is there are different dialects my friend speaks another way and she makes in fun of me for speaking another way if that makes sense.like there are mexican puerto ricans salvadoreans and things are spoke different.she is like are you still speaking that way...so there is so much to learn. You will get there just ask your husband to help you
  • wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    I speak 4 languages including English and Spanish. The best way to learn a new language BY FAR is via immersion.... You're ahead of the game because you're immersed with native speakers. We learn language via context so try to pay as much attention when the family is speaking to each other - you'll be surprised how fast you can pick up words, then phrases and sentences. Youll derive meaning via context and repetition. Resist the urge to translate everything back into English.... It only slows down your learning. So when you say or think of a Spanish word, think of the image that corresponds to it... Rather than the English translation. Cover the house with stickies labeling each object in Spanish - no English! Keep a journal in Spanish... Just to practice.

If you want some kind of online program you should check out LiveMocha... It's free and should be good for very introductory words and phrases.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • CaribbeanQueenCaribbeanQueen Registered Users Posts: 24
    thanks ladies!! abd sticky notes sound like a Great idea. I'll admit, i Do take time trying to translate Every word & feel like its slowing me down.. i believe if i stick to a certain plan or 2, i Can be fluent..i know worda here & there but it would be Nice to defend myself a little more....practice Surely makes perfect :)

ÇärïbbëänQüëën

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file