Why aren't I losing weight?

The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
I had a uterine embolization on Monday. I didn't eat all day. Barely have eaten since then. I'd normally lose a couple pounds. Is my body maybe conserving my weight to help the recuperation process?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I had a uterine embolization on Monday. I didn't eat all day. Barely have eaten since then. I'd normally lose a couple pounds. Is my body maybe conserving my weight to help the recuperation process?

Shoot, I had several organs removed and barfed for 24 hrs straight. Do you think I even lost an ounce? Nooooo
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    If you are consuming under 1200/1500 (I can't remember which one) calories per day, your body may be conserving
  • JhtdrtJhtdrt Registered Users Posts: 56
    It's also fairly common for your body to retain fluid after a surgical procedure. I've been known to show an increase in weight for a couple of weeks afterwards.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I agree. It's probably water weight. Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better and heal soon.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file