We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Best gel or liquid eyeliner

Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users
Need a really good eyeliner for winged/cat eye look. Drugstore options are welcome!
3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Too Faced Three Way Lash Lining Tool, available thru Too Faced, Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, etc. I love this eyeliner!

The design looks weird, but the gellish liquid comes out in a nice consistent, thick but very controllable line.

21025_1_.jpg

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If you don't need a really dark line, Revlon has these little pots of Colorstay creme gel eyeliner that come w their own attached brushes. Cheap, easy to use, several colors, but the payoff isn't very dark.

Revlon+Colorstay+Creme+Gel+Eye+Liner+Review+3.jpg

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with Spider on the Too Faced liner. I looked it up the first time she mentioned it, tried it, and now I love it. I am not very handy with eyeliner, and even I get a nice line. Very easy to use.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I've only recently become a liquid eyeliner convert and I'm loving Stila's liquid liner. It's a very fine tipped pen so it's very easy to control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users
    Thanks for your suggestions. I ended up buying Kat Von D liquid liner at sephora. Was between that one and Stila and went with Kat's because it looked better on my hand. I'm going for winged eye and Kat's made a nicer tail, on my hand!

I will definitely look into the Too Faced. Looks interesting.

CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    LOOB for second day hair

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    I love Bobbi brown gel eyeliner... Only in the black though. I've also liked the makeup forever liquid liner.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • blubutterfly04blubutterfly04 Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Jordana Fabuliner is awesome, dark, fine felt-tipped and about $3. For Gel liner I love my MAC fluidline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 9-1-09, Modified CG 1/10.3a/3b mix
    Low Porosity
    No Co-Washing, Using Mild Shampoos, Lo-poos: Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Moisture Shampoo, Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    Low-poo/Clarifiers: ACV rinses
    Leave in's: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    DT's: Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque,
    Stylers: AG:recoil, LA Looks Mega Hold Gel,
    ** Air dry ONLY, I love plopping!**
    Jordana Fabuliner is awesome, dark, fine felt-tipped and about $3. For Gel liner I love my MAC fluidline.

Re. the red, where do you get it?

Re. the blue, is that the product in the little pot?

Which is the MAC eyeliner that's a magic marker (not a gel pot or a liquid liner)?
    thnx

• LanikaiLanikai Posts: 52Registered Users
    Need a really good eyeliner for winged/cat eye look. Drugstore options are welcome!

A great liquid eyeliner that I use for the cat eye look is the 179.jpg. The curve by NYX is really nice for getting those fine lines that you need for the cat eye. They sell this product at Ulta if you have one where you live for $14.99. I know that price might be to high, but it works very well.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Maybelline NY EYESTUDIO. It's a great gel liner in a little pot, and comes with a good brush (around $10). It does a perfect cat eye, sets quickly, and does not smudge. I've also seen several pro makeup artists compare it MAC's black tracks.

I have it in black and plum. They also have a brown and gray if I remember correctly.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    Maybelline NY EYESTUDIO. It's a great gel liner in a little pot, and comes with a good brush (around $10). It does a perfect cat eye, sets quickly, and does not smudge. I've also seen several pro makeup artists compare it MAC's black tracks.

I have it in black and plum. They also have a brown and gray if I remember correctly.

I have not heard of that one. Is it great for everyday wear as well?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlTalk App
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    Lanikai wrote: »

It is great for everyday wear. It's called Lasting Drama. It is very long lasting, you can use the brush that comes with it to do thin lines close to the lashes, to thick cat eyes. It's by no means a top dollar professional brush, but it is a really good quality and shape.

Sorry if the pic's are tiny. My phone service is close to zilch today and won't fully open them so I can save a larger shot.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1382550412.742761.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1382550424.036003.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1382550443.677820.jpg
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lanikai wrote: »

It is great for everyday wear. It's called Lasting Drama. It is very long lasting, you can use the brush that comes with it to do thin lines close to the lashes, to thick cat eyes. It's by no means a top dollar professional brush, but it is a really good quality and shape.

Sorry if the pic's are tiny. My phone service is close to zilch today and won't fully open them so I can save a larger shot.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1382550412.742761.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1382550424.036003.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1382550443.677820.jpg

The pictures came out well. Wow that is great! Thank you so much!

Not all that happy with the Kat Von D liner. The felt tip is really nice but the actual eyeliner doesn't have great lasting power. Guess I'll have to try some of the ones up thread. ;)

LOOB for second day hair

• WeathercurlWeathercurl Posts: 228Registered Users
    Nothing works as well for me as Bobbie Brown's gel eyeliner. I have a drawer full of failed liners from high end to low and always go back to this one. Her eye liner brush is great and will let you do a fine line or thick one. The color is well saturated. Very smooth application and stays on all day.
    2b/2c ( weather permitting - 3a), fine texture but lots of it, colored and highlights, BSL.
    Experimenting w CG since Oct 2012

Current rotation:
    cowash= TN
    AG Gel Mousse, LA Gel,
    DT = Coconut oil (love)
    Too Faced Three Way Lash Lining Tool, available thru Too Faced, Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, etc. I love this eyeliner!

The design looks weird, but the gellish liquid comes out in a nice consistent, thick but very controllable line.

21025_1_.jpg

I went out and bought this. I'm having a hard time using it. :( I find it drags on my eyelid -- does not glide smoothly at all. Any tips?

LOOB for second day hair

21025_1_.jpg

I went out and bought this. I'm having a hard time using it. :( I find it drags on my eyelid -- does not glide smoothly at all. Any tips?

Oh no. Maybe you got a bad one. Or maybe you need to get it going a little by pressing firmly the first couple of times?

• Sally_walkerSally_walker Posts: 3Registered Users
    Rimmel eyeliner is the best for winged eye looks!

I used it all the time, if you are stuck for other choices look on mybeautycompare they have loads
  • Lady_CreoleLady_Creole Posts: 400Registered Users
    prod_1135608_sm.gif

SuperExtend Liquid Eye Liner by Avon

Reasonable priced, [on sale now for $3.99] and works wonderfully.
    My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
    3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
    Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
    BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!
    Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
    Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
    Hydration - SM CH
    Curl & Style Milk
    LOC - Organic Coconut Oil
    Styler - SM CH Curl Smoothie
    Deep Cond. - SM Yucca & Plantain Masque
  • pamelawalmerpamelawalmer Posts: 11Registered Users
    Till today my mother helps me to apply a eyeliner. I am pretty bad at applying it.
  • Wavy7sWavy7s Posts: 66Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Plus one to the Maybeline EyeStudio gel liners. The black is the darkest black I've ever found, even darker than Mac.
    2b/c
    Fine, low porosity, med density, normal elasticity.
    Dislikes: Aloe by itself, cheap gels, and heavy butters
    Co-wash: CJ Daily Fix
    Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: Curlsmith Oil-in-Cream
    Stylers: CJ Curl Queen, Flaxseed gel, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic.
    PT: CJ Repair Me or IA Girls PT w/ mag. sulfate,
    DT: CJ Rehab and Righteous Roots Hair Rx or Pre-poo oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file