Bröö Shampoos?

sheilacurlsheilacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Curl Neophyte
Which ones have you tried and liked? Can you please specify your hair texture and porosity too?

Thanks!
Upper Michigan Dews
3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
Detangler: KCKT
Leave-in: CJ Repair me
Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

Comments

• hambo02hambo02 Registered Users Posts: 480
    i would like to know too cos for small bottles its like 30 dollars
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Curl Neophyte
    Really? I found it on iHerb.com, 8 oz for $11.69 with free shipping on orders over $25
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

• chloe92uschloe92us Registered Users Posts: 1,203 Curl Neophyte
    I'm curious about this poo, too. I know someone has posted about it, but can't remember who!!!
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • yossarianyossarian Registered Users Posts: 967
    chloe92us wrote: »
    I'm curious about this poo, too. I know someone has posted about it, but can't remember who!!!

You're probably thinking of dresdendoll. She raves about the Smoothing IPA poo and condish.

Seems a little pricey, though: $13 for 8 ounces? That stuff better do my laundry and cook dinner too :D
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
  • Ms.CabernetMs.Cabernet Registered Users Posts: 137
    I bought the Oatmeal Porter body wash just because it's one of my favorite beers!😝 and took a few samples of the Oatmeal Porter shampoo and conditioner at the same store. I tried them once and like them but I think they have protein. They smell good and the ingredients are very natural as well.
  • wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
    I have currently in my shower the IPA shampoo. I love how it smells. Performance-wise I think it's fine, though I haven't noticed a huge improvement over the YesToCucumbers which I'm liking a lot lately. I've been alternating it with a few other shampoos. I have a feeling the beer shampoos might not be best for low porosity... though not positive. Should be fine for normal or high porosity.

So basically I like it enough, will finish the bottle but am unsure I will buy it over the YesToCukes in the future. I like the YTC more and it's less expensive.

Got my BROO from iherb.com.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • chloe92uschloe92us Registered Users Posts: 1,203 Curl Neophyte
    It was wavydaze that had it, lol! I knew it was someone who mentioned it recently.

I have found the YTC to be stripping on my hair, but it's probably because of my highly porous ends- pretty much anything can be drying. Do you get the squeaky clean feeling with YTC? Broo?

I think I've decided I really don't like, or need, squeaky clean.
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
    chloe92us wrote: »
    It was wavydaze that had it, lol! I knew it was someone who mentioned it recently.

I have found the YTC to be stripping on my hair, but it's probably because of my highly porous ends- pretty much anything can be drying. Do you get the squeaky clean feeling with YTC? Broo?

I think I've decided I really don't like, or need, squeaky clean.

did you get the new formulation of the cukes?

YTC isn't drying on me... I wouldn't say my hair is squeakier than normal... as in my hair is squeaky in general. If a shampoo isn't squeaky on me it means it's left something behind... like the SM ones...which is not what I want. Cowashing doesn't leave my hair squeaky per se... but I can't cowash.

I don't really get that squeaky feeling with the BROO IPA poo... this is why I mentioned it may not be the best for low-po. I get the feeling that it's leaving a little something behind... not sure what though... the carbs from the beer? This may not be a bad thing for higher porosities but low-porosities can be tricksier.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

• JessiebananaJessiebanana Banned Users Posts: 940
    I'm low porosity and I hate squeaky clean. Because I use less and lighter products and my scalp is naturally dry, I feel like hair is really vulnerable when it's stripped. I don't want build up, but I try to maintain.
    Right... I paid attention more when I cleansed, YTC doesn't make my hair literally squeaky clean. For me it's the ideal balanced between not leaving anything behind (like the SM poos) and not stripping or overcleansing my hair and scalp. It actually helps detangle as well, which is not characteristic of most shampoos (though the SM ones had that characteristic). I know JB you're allergic to aloe though... :(

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list