Komaza hair analysis results!

Hair porosity: low(shock!)
Hair: Medium to Thick .066mm-.114mm(strand size)-more strands are thick than medium)
Texture/Feel: Coarse feeling

The analysis showed that the strands have very flat cuticles low porosity, very strong strands, very good/strong elasticity, and has issues receiving moisture. No damage, no split ends, only found one broken strand. Hair is healthy. Bulbs are nice & healthy, growth of hair, etc. healthy

Recs:

Do a moisturizing deep conditioning once a wk with plastic cap & hooded dryer.

Continue to wash hair 1 to 2 times a wk with shampoo-sulfate or sulfate free shampoo if using a shampoo with sulfates pre poo scalp before with coconut oil, massage throughout the scalp, leave in 20 mins, then shampoo.

When needing to moisturize hair in the morning(on pooless days try putting a damp wet warm towel over hair to allow the cuticles to open and then apply leave in conditioner(she suggested Komaza Coconut Hair Milk for my hair) and smooth into the hair with your fingers close together in a downward motion. Can also wet hands with water then apply the leave in conditioner.

Stay hydrated
Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, this helps to keep your hair hydrated as well as your body. This is very important.

Exercise
This will help stimulate circulation to your scalp, not to mention all the health benefits it provides in balancing hormones.

Start from the inside out

Eat whole unprocessed foods such as: whole grains, colorful fruits and vegetables(cruciferous: cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, and cauliflower), clean lean protein(beef and poultry with no hormones and antibiotics), fish(wild caught), legumes, beans, nuts, seeds.
Dairy products and eggs that are hormone free.
Limit intake of alcohol, sugar, and caffeine.

Wild salmon, yogurt, oysters, blueberries, kiwifruit, sweet potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, dark chocolate.

She thinks the supplements that I am on are fine which are Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral, Caltrate + Vit D, B Complex 100.

The tel consult:

The first thing she asked was if I have mostly gray hair and I don't I'd say 10-20% maybe even less. She asked if I had a natural coarse feeling to my hair and I told her yes but water softeners help alot, however, I have hard water. I asked if my hair was coarse and she said no that it is med to thick in size of strands but texture/feel is coarse. I think they refer to thick strand as coarse and the feel as coarse.

Do not need to do heavy protein DTs for my hair and to avoid them.
Leave Ins and rinseouts that have some protein are okay for my hair, however, personally I cannot use them all the time as I am med to thick strand size and don't need all the protein.

Not to do conditioner washes. Use sulfate free shampoos or sulfate poos instead.

Oils are okay for my hair as a sealer or pre poo treatment. Oils also cut down the effects of sulfates.

Leave Ins strengthen the cortex of hair strand and if rinsing hair with water daily not giving time for the leave in to do its job.

Liked that I go for regular trims and thinks that is a big contributor as to why my hair is healthy.

That was about all that was covered. Hope this helps someone.

**My LiveCurlyLiveFree hair analysis results last yr were medium texture, normal elasticity, normal porosity**

***adding Goosefootprints hair analysis results***

Moderately coarse with some medium, average is 104 microns
Hairs resist bending, easily felt with fingers, strong hair strands
Normal elasticity
Porosity: low roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends
Overall hair is quite healthy

You ladies with the soft curls don't know how lucky you are!
3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity

Comments

• secret_karmasecret_karma Posts: 438Registered Users
    Thank you for sharing your analysis. Did they mention why you shouldn't cowash?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
  • curlyink3bcurlyink3b Posts: 41Registered Users
    Thank you for sharing. How did you go about having this done, and what was the approximate cost? I'm interested in having my hair analyzed, but have no idea how to go about it.
    3b/3c, high porosity, fine strands but lots of em!

APL/BSL when dry (bangs are to chin), but WL when wet.

Pineapple and satin pillowcase at night.
  • JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users

I believe it's because she's low porosity and has hard water in her area. Between the two, she's prone to build up.

I think most low porosity curlies low poo. Conditioner also works better for me when I loo poo.
    3C/Fine to Medium/Low Porosity/High Density

:love5:MoistureMoistureMoisture:love5:

Low Poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    RO/DC: DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: Queen Helene Sculpturing Gel & Glaze

No Salts, No Waxes, No Butters, No Heavy Oils
    No ACV, No Saponified Oils, Protein Sensitive
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlyink3b wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. How did you go about having this done, and what was the approximate cost? I'm interested in having my hair analyzed, but have no idea how to go about it.

I checked this out at the Komazacare website and they have the steps to follow to have this done. Looks like the cost is $85.

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users

Cuz it leaves a film on the scalp...also I have seborrheic dermatitis.
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity

I ordered it from Komazahaircare site $85 is the total cost.

It's pretty easy in steps. Instructions are sent by email along w/questionnaire...then send in clean hair strands with the questionnaire. I sent whatever landed in my shower drain twice to get enough hairs. They email once the strands are received and email again to give choices of date and time for tel consult. About 2 wks for the telephone consult itself and they put the pics of strands on their site or email them and go over them.
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I received my Hair analysis from goose foot prints on etsy. She's a member here and on the wavy hair community on FB. it was $22 and very thorough. I would highly recommend it.
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
    chloe92us wrote: »

I received my Hair analysis from goose foot prints on etsy. She's a member here and on the wavy hair community on FB. it was $22 and very thorough. I would highly recommend it.

I didn't find out about that one until after I already ordered the Komaza analysis...had I known I would have done that one.
  • curlyink3bcurlyink3b Posts: 41Registered Users
    Chloe, was the goose footprints analysis as detailed as the Komaza? The price difference is startling. I'm thinking GFP is more affordable than K, so the determining factor is what each one tells you and how long it takes.

Thanks to both of you for sharing.
    3b/3c, high porosity, fine strands but lots of em!

APL/BSL when dry (bangs are to chin), but WL when wet.

Pineapple and satin pillowcase at night.
    Chloe, was the goose footprints analysis as detailed as the Komaza? The price difference is startling. I'm thinking GFP is more affordable than K, so the determining factor is what each one tells you and how long it takes.

You're welcome!

I am doing the goosefootprints analysis next and will post results. Then that is it for me as far as hair analysis's:mrgreen:
    I sent in my hair samples, and I received a detailed report about the strand thickness, and porosity, along with photos and notes of the hair under a microscope. When you send your samples in, she has a list of questions to answer about your routine, problems or concerns, sun/ pool exposure, coloring, etc.

She includes a detailed key with specific ingredient suggestions depending on your hair type and also personalized suggestions. For example, if your hair is porous and coarse, you should look for a conditioner with. ____,___, & __ in the first five ingredients. If you're coarse you should avoid X. If you have kinks, you should do X. I was pretty educated about hair care, and I still found it helpful. Also a very good general care brochure.

She didnt get into the nutrition side of things, but I feel that's pretty common sense anyway. I'd be glad to forward my report to you; PM me and give me your real email address and I'll send it. I will leave out the detailed ingredients key, and suggestions she gives as a guide depending on your hair type, which she took a lot of time to create, as I feel that would not be fair to her. I would say it was definitely worth the cost of one bottle of a curl junkie conditioner! :p
  • sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I don't have seborrheic dermatitis, but that is exactly why I don't enjoy co washing. Thank you for sharing your report.
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

• secret_karmasecret_karma Posts: 438Registered Users

Ok thanks. I was taking notes from your analysis because we have similar properties but I love cowashing.

Another thing I would like to point out is the analysis has my hair length at 10 to 12 inches...I have measured my hair when wet with a measuring tape and it is 15 inches longest sections(it is shorter where the front sides to ear are)...so I am really looking forward to the goosefootprints/Etsy analysis as it sounds like it will be more accurate as far as my overall texture.
    It's interesting that you're getting another. Is it to confirm your results? Did you disagree with them?
    chloe92us wrote: »
    It's interesting that you're getting another. Is it to confirm your results? Did you disagree with them?

Yes! to confirm. Not really disagree just want to compare.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte

The big difference is you don't get a telephone consultation and Goosefootprints don't want to spend time detangling hair ball - they would prefer you to detangle it or supply a lock.
    Pedaheh's Hair Blog: GoosefootPrints Hair Analysis with My Analysis Results
    Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave! - Long Hair Care Forum

As I understand it Komaza Care were swamped so had cut down the numbers they were doing for a few months before increasing the price. Goosefootprints was set up almost in response to that price increase, it was suggested to her she could offer analysis just as well but cheaper. I think she's underselling at $22 tho, maybe it will increase if she gets swamped.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
    Just want to add that there was no hard water buildup on my hair. That explains why the hard water poos haven't worked on my hair but they help with product buildup so I may occassionally just use Suave Clarifying Poo and not the hard water poos.
  • 4_Leaf_Clover4_Leaf_Clover Posts: 8Registered Users
    I have looked into the goosefootprints but am interested in hearing how you girls collected 40-50 hairs? It states to not pull your hair out or collect in the shower but to collect from all different areas on your head. Just looking for suggestions :)
    Bumping...added GooseFootPrints hair analysis results!:iconbiggrin:

You ladies with the soft curls don't know how lucky you are!
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have looked into the goosefootprints but am interested in hearing how you girls collected 40-50 hairs? It states to not pull your hair out or collect in the shower but to collect from all different areas on your head. Just looking for suggestions :)

The bulk of my sample was from a couple of shower sheds. Then I (with hubby's help) cut a few sample hairs from a few different areas that I was interested in having analyzed. I put each different sample in a baggie and labeled it.
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file