Help for trouble 3b hair

AndreailjAndreailj Posts: 14Registered Users
Hi curlies, I have thick 3b hair and since I live in Panamá (central america) is quite hard to find products but I have manage to find some and I will really love to know what products you use that are your holy grail to repair and moisturize, my hair looks fried in the crown area and no matter what I do it stays the same :sad3: and is not heat damage as my hair is "virgin". I will post a pic of my hair for reference. It also frizzes up at the top.

Advice, tips and ideas are very welcome! Thank you xoxo
:love1:Dark as night botticelli 3b curls (2c-3a at nape), Medium porosity, Medium to high density, Coarse (but soft & fine at nape) & APL
Cleanse: Low poo (Organix shampoo)
Co-Wash: VO5 (any)
Conditioners: Aussie moist, Suave Naturals
DC: diy with oils, honey and conditioner
Leave ins and stylers: coconut oil, Potion 9, Gel (Tresemmé bouncy curls or Kiss My Face Upper Management this is my HG)
:wav:

Comments

• AndreailjAndreailj Posts: 14Registered Users
    Please help will be most appreciated =)
    :love1:Dark as night botticelli 3b curls (2c-3a at nape), Medium porosity, Medium to high density, Coarse (but soft & fine at nape) & APL
    Leave ins and stylers: coconut oil, Potion 9, Gel (Tresemmé bouncy curls or Kiss My Face Upper Management this is my HG)
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What products do you have available to you?

Your hair looks great to me!!

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

What products do you have available to you?

Your hair looks great to me!!

Thank you SmilingElephant, I have learn how to hide the fried part, I took a pic of my embarrassing side. I can find these brands:
    -nuuNAAT,
    -Garnier Fructis,
    -Pantene (but I hate it),
    -Organic Root Stimulator,
    -Tresemme (sadly not the naturals line),
    -Herbal essences,
    -Creme of Nature,
    -John frieda,
    -Africa's Best,
    -Suave (some),
    -VO5,
    -Aussie Moist (cond & poo only),
    -Kiss my face
    -Infusion 23
    -Lush
    -Lustrasilk
    -Sebastian
    Looks like a lot but I dream the day I can purchase Sheamoisture or KinkyCurly.
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmmmmm.....okay.

I'm looking at the pic of your curls. Is it frizz that you are having an issue with? Your hair may need more moisture.

Do you co wash?

I have a small area of 3b curls on my head...i notice if i do a light protein treatment that area isn't so frizzy....but im careful about the amount of protein i use.

2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

It is frizzy and even the texture feels different wiry and very dry. I have been doing protein treatments about once every 4-6 weeks, and I don't do anything chemical to my hair I'm thinking of doing henna (the cacas from Lush) to see if it helps to soften the texture.
    Hmmmmmm.....okay.

I'm looking at the pic of your curls. Is it frizz that you are having an issue with? Your hair may need more moisture.

Do you co wash?

I have a small area of 3b curls on my head...i notice if i do a light protein treatment that area isn't so frizzy....but im careful about the amount of protein i use.

It is frizzy and even the texture feels different wiry and very dry. I have been doing protein treatments about once every 4-6 weeks, and I don't do anything chemical to my hair I'm thinking of doing henna (the cacas from Lush) to see if it helps to soften the texture.
    Oh and I do cowash sometimes with VO5
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She's right, your hair is very pretty :) If that part of your hair was always this dry, then your hair in back may simply be more porous and in need of more moisture than everywhere else on your head. Could also be that you naturally have a different (tighter, dryer) curl pattern in the crown of your head - that's true for a lot of people.

But if it has recently become dry or more dry, did the problem start when you began doing those regular PT treatments? I ask because it's possible you need to dial back on it for a while. You might need to do a DC that contains no protein.
    Korkscrew wrote: »
    She's right, your hair is very pretty :) If that part of your hair was always this dry, then your hair in back may simply be more porous and in need of more moisture than everywhere else on your head. Could also be that you naturally have a different (tighter, dryer) curl pattern in the crown of your head - that's true for a lot of people.

But if it has recently become dry or more dry, did the problem start when you began doing those regular PT treatments? I ask because it's possible you need to dial back on it for a while. You might need to do a DC that contains no protein.

Thank you! I will try the henna and oil dc, I guess I have multiple curl pattern :)
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, sorry, just reread what you said. PT treatments every 4-6 weeks isn't much at all. Thought I'd read 4-6 per WEEK haha.

You should probably be fine with DC treatments that contains protein, or not. Either way, is my guess. Sounds like you're on the right track by using an oil DC if you're going to apply henna (henna can be very drying for some folks).

Good luck :thumbup:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file