Any Acne spot treatment recommendations?

BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
I don't normally have acne, except for that "once a month" pimple that is always a great give-away that I'm about to start or on my period.

anyone know of a good spot treatment for a woman in her 40's with normal to dry skin?

thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Frizz Happens!
my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Comments

• curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    Queen Helene's mint julep mask. It's only around $3 and it will dry your zits right up. You can either use it as a mask, or dab a little on the zit and leave it on overnight.

A homemade remedy is dab some honey on a bandaid and leave it on the zit overnight.

Also, try icing the zit for 10 or so minutes, then layer on an acne treatment with benzoil peroxide.
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    thanks, CP. I might go look for that mint mask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • MaybeWavyMaybeWavy Posts: 374Registered Users
    Ice.

Wrap the base of an ice cube in a paper towel and rub on your spot (or face, if you're me :oops: ) until your skin is cold.

Repeat 2-3 x a day-I do it in the am, whne I get home from work, and again before bed.

It's easier when it's warmer, but it really does help! My aesthitician uses liquid nitrogen, but that's a little more hazardous. Feels nicer-not wet, just cold, but the ice is nice esp when its hot out.
    2cFii-ish with 3a moments. Always subject to change.
    (\_/) This is Bunny.
    (O.0) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
    (> <) him on his way to world Domination.

I'm voting for Bunny.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    MaybeWavy wrote:
    Ice.

Wrap the base of an ice cube in a paper towel and rub on your spot (or face, if you're me :oops: ) until your skin is cold.

Repeat 2-3 x a day-I do it in the am, whne I get home from work, and again before bed.

It's easier when it's warmer, but it really does help! My aesthitician uses liquid nitrogen, but that's a little more hazardous. Feels nicer-not wet, just cold, but the ice is nice esp when its hot out.

this is interesting. How do the pimples react? Do the pimples just start getting better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used to get weekly "cryotherapy" with liquid nitrogen from a dermatologist. It felt good...but it never did a damned thing for my acne. It probably made the derm rich though, because my insurance covered it, and it wasn't cheap.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    If they're cystic pimples (red and painful) put some hydrocortisone ointment on before bed. The pimple will be almost gone by morning.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file