Spinoff: How much did your baby bedding cost?

shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
I am shopping around- that **** is sky-high! Why does cute baby bedding cost as much or more than big people bedding?????
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Because it's so adorable that people will pay more :lol:

I voted I didn't buy it. We co-slept, and by the time they were transitioned to their own beds I just put them in twin beds with a guard rail.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've bought crib bedding sets, but honestly, they were a waste of money. You can't really use the big fluffy comforter, and the bumpers often have to be removed if you have a climber-baby. The only thing I really got my money's worth out of were the skirt and sheets. You can buy very simple bumpers and sheets at Land's End and skip the rest.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I bought a relatively inexpensive set (a little over $100) on sale when my son transitioned to the crib at around 7 months. He was sitting up and falling over so I wanted the bumpers for his head, and I got pretty thin ones that you can't really climb on. He's 2 1/2 and still in his crib, and we've been using the quilt as a blanket that he loves.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'll admit, I spent almost 300...but if you include the rug and curtain it would be over 300. My stuff was on clearance too. :oops:

What I bought isn't real babyish. I plan on using it for a long time. It's cars and trucks and will take him through his toddler years too...
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    WEll, I didn't really pay for mine, as most of it was given to me at my shower, but this is the one I had for B:

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/IWCatSectionAndProductView.process?Section_Id=14103

The 6 piece bedding set is about $170, plus I got the lamp and the nightlight, and the mobile - all together I think it was around $250 or so.

I'm going to use it for the next baby too - I'll probably just buy more of the stuff for the set, like the pillows, and the wall hangings. I would LIKE to get something darker in color this time, but I'm not going to go out and buy a whole other set when they'll only be using it for less than 2 years.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    Most of our stuff was gifted, so I have no real idea, and we initially just went with accessories once we found a pattern we liked. I also didn't really want a lot of those items, not enough to buy a whole bedding set (diaper stacker = totally useless!). But, I ended up getting a number of individual pieces I did want, new off Ebay for super cheap. And there were a LOT of choices on Ebay.
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would guess between $100 and $200. My mother bought it. We had a really good coupon for it that helped a lot. It was worth it because we use every piece. Before he was old enough for a blanket, I put his on the wall. Now he uses it nightly.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    200-300, but it will grow with him and we will be using it for 2+ years.

We plan on keeping him in the toddler bed until we move when he is 4. Then we will go out and let him pick out a set for his big bed.
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't know about quality, but Ikea has some really cute baby bedding for cheap.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    mrspoppers wrote:
    I don't know about quality, but Ikea has some really cute baby bedding for cheap.

Yep, and some of their furniture that I bought over the past few years has held up wonderfully. I plan to buy my crib and changing table/dresser there. Plus, they don't have that crazy all white, ultra modern style anymore. You can actually buy solid wood pieces there now.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    I decided when I was pregnant that I wanted to go with an Americana theme in his bedroom. Ok you can't find anything Americana for babies. We ended up buying this pretty throw quilt that my mother-in-law found at Pennny's and a few other fun baby blankets that fit in but weren't bedding type blankets. I had planned on making my own bumper pads by recovering some older ones but decided against it because they kind of freaked me out all I could think about is him getting his head stuck under them. Haven't you said before that you are crafty?? Whey don't you make a comforter for him I'm sure you could find some real fun fabric in the pattern you want. Oh and when Max was to small to cover up with the big comforter thing we bought him I just laid him on top of it and then when he got up I would throw is other blanket over the side of the bed and it always looked like his bed was made :wink: I'm clever that way

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file