CG styler for fine-ish, protein-sensitive hair?

rhosyn_durhosyn_du Silicon Valley, CARegistered Users Posts: 99
I'm looking for a new CG-friendly styler, probably a gel or lotion. Despite being low-porosity and on the fine side, my hair hates all proteins except silk and loves humectants. Products with aloe high on the ingredients list give me weird surface frizz. Heavy anything pulls out the curl in my canopy. Even without product, my chin-length hair takes hours to dry, so anything that increases drying time is a no-go. I can't deal with my hair feeling stiff, sticky, or otherwise product-y. Humidity in my area ranges from medium to super-high, but dews tend to stay in the 55-65 range year-round. Any suggestions?
2c, fine/medium with a few coarse grays, medium porosity, normal elasticity, protein-sensitive

Modified CG
Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Shampoo
RO: L'Oreal EverCurl Conditioner
LOC: KCKT,
Nightblooming Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil, & Nightblooming Panacea or Freya Hair Salve
Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Finishing Paste

Comments

• nataliewavenataliewave Registered Users Posts: 15
    I am of no help, but I'm following this... my hair seems very similar to yours.
    2a-2c, fine, low porosity
    Modified-CG newbie
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    My fine/low porosity hair likes "jelly" products, rather then gels. My definition for the jelly products is a gelatinous consistency without the chemicals (especially polyquats.) Because my hair loves protein, you'll have to check the ingredients for the things I use; however, they may work for you.

Another jelly product that meets your criteria is CJ Pattern Pusha.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peachespeachespeachespeaches Registered Users Posts: 44
    Try homemade flaxseed gel! It's amazing and really easy to make. I am never going to buy another gel again. You can pretty much never go overboard with it either- my hair has never been weighed down by it, which is a first.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file