Newbie Here. Help Me Color My Roots. Please!

jaronajarona Posts: 13Registered Users
Hi. OK.So. This weekend I plan on coloring my roots. It will be the first time since becoming a CG and I am in transition. Normally, I would wash my hair, and color it wet, then condition. I don't know if I should No-poo first, THEN color or just wet my hair THEN color THEN no-poo. Also, when my hair was straight it was easy to see the roots, now my hair is pretty wavy/curly on the crown and my bangy layers are growing out so there's hair all over without a part.
How do the curly ladies color the roots? Any information or advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Cathe

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What type of colour, permanent, demi or semi?
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • jaronajarona Posts: 13Registered Users
    semi permanant.
    Double post
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    jarona wrote: »
    semi permanant.

If you don't have clean roots the colour may not take properly, sebum and old product can block it. I semi permanent over conditioner washed hair (lightweight non depositing oil/ butter free conditioner), but I do have a porous base.

If you are dying wet hair you can comb the root area straight can't you? I dye on dry hair, but the previous wash I usually gently brush it straight and let it dry that way, then right before dying I divide and clip into at least six sections. I then go right back to full on CG the minute I've washed the dye off.

• jaronajarona Posts: 13Registered Users
    Thanks so much Firefox. I was kind of thinking along the way you do the coloring--i.e. washing my hair the night before, make sure the roots are clipped and straighter so it will be easier to apply the coloring THEN go directly back to CG. I really appreciate your help so much!
    Hope it works out well for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file