Frizz Lovers!

sugarlightlysugarlightly Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey all!

So I've just started to love my VERY big (but not very long) curly hair (3A) after years of straightening :S
I'm looking for tips on how to style it, because of the size of it all the volume sinks down to the bottom of my hair and i would love kinda the voluminous look with loads at the top. This was easy with straight hair as i could backcomb it but unfortunately I can't.

I've found that everywhere I look it's all about 'taming your frizz!' and 'weighing down curls to make them less frizzy' but I love my frizz! Not to say that beautiful sleek curls aren't wonderful, but I just think that if you have frizzy hair naturally, you should embrace it! Does anyone else love their frizzy hair?

Thanks everyone!
sugarlightly

Comments

• pinkmouse09pinkmouse09 Posts: 107Registered Users
    Try clipping your roots for some volume while it dries... I also find that when I towel fry I am a lot more prone to frizz. If I am feeling frizzy I just use a lot less product and shake/fluff it a LOT.
    Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Conditoner/Detangle: V05 Moisture Milk (Passion Fruit Smoothie), Aussie Moist
    Clarify: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Vitamins: One Daily and GNC Ultra NourishHair
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There's a certain product-y, super-shiny look that some people strive to get. After most of my Deva cuts I have that look because I'm loaded down with a bunch of product. I love the cuts but I can't stand that look because to me it looks fake and contrived, unnatural. It almost looks like a wig, or a head full of oiled-down licorice. Looks like each hair would remain stiffly in place in a hurricane wind.

To me there's something wonderful about curls that aren't all forced into position. When some curls are a little wild or not quite as shiny as the rest, or there's a little frizz, it suggests movement; it suggests that someone has a life and is busy doing things with that life. It also suggests a more fun, relaxed personality. And as a straight woman, I think thoughtfully cared for, but "imperfect" hair care efforts make curly men look super-sexy.
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,308Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is what you need to watch hehe. I agree with you! I don't care about my frizzy hair... :D
    Big Hair Don't Care - YouTube

I Don't Care (About My Frizzy Hair) Official Single - YouTube
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A little while back I perused a bunch of Taren Guy's newer vids and along the way I did a related search that led to the two vids you just posted (plus a bunch of other vids like it). Yeah, those vids are fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file