Style/Cut Help for a Clueless 3C

CurlyLocks79CurlyLocks79 Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi, all! I am a 3C & new to the site. I used to relax my hair and wear it straight all the time, but I went natural about two years ago. It was a big step for me - I have decided to embrace my curl rather than hide it. But I am at a loss as how to style it and I am getting bored with putting it up in a clip everday. So...I have two questions for you all...
1) My hair grows long on the sides and is two separate length in the back (long near the bottom, short at the crown). I tend to wear my hair up because if I wear it down, it looks funny in the back once my hair is dry & all the curls tighten up. Do any of you fellow 3C's have any hair cut ideas to work around this weird growth? I want to start wearing it down, but I have no clue what to do with it.
2) Anybody have any ideas or tips on how to loosen curls without having to resort to a relaxer?
Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• kirstieamarquezkirstieamarquez Posts: 3Registered Users
    Whatever you do, don't cut it into an inverted bob! Growing it out is hell! I'm dealing with that now.
  • CurlyLocks79CurlyLocks79 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I was thinking about that because the shorter length of hair at the crown of my head never grows long. It just stays short. The only thing I would need to keep trimmed is the longer hair that grows underneath it.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was thinking about that because the shorter length of hair at the crown of my head never grows long. It just stays short. The only thing I would need to keep trimmed is the longer hair that grows underneath it.

that is what i would suggest. sounds like maybe your curl pattern is tighter in the crown area, mine is also. so get a trim for only the bottom back of your hair. and if you wanted the sides trimmed.

BE SPECIFIC, exactly how much you want cut and what parts not to cut.

and have whoever cuts your hair to CUT IT DRY so they can see the curl pattern!!!

after you tell the stylist what you want, then ask, "how will it look after the cut?"

look around for someone who understands and appreciates curly hair and who you could trust.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file