CurlTalk

What Are You Low Porosity Gals Using As Far As Leave-In's and Humectant Products?

curlsandkinkscurlsandkinks Posts: 41Registered Users
I did the strand test and my strands were floating..while a tiny piece sunk. But I think i'm overall lo-po. I'm not sure if i should ditch my herbal essences long term leave-in and go back to infusium's liquid leave-in.

what leave-in are you lo-po's using?

what about products containing humectants?

as far as oils, i've been putting castor oil, avocado oil, and grapeseed oil in my hair.

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    I'm low porosity. I use suave clarifying shampoo once a month. I can't use apple cider vinegar which does the same thing. I do this to keep my curls bouncy. I low-poo with nice & curly 3-in1 shampoo/conditioner/detangle. Be careful to follow this up with a moisturizing shampoo because the nice & curly shampoo has salt in it. Salt can dry out the hair in excess. My cowash/ro leave in is garnier fructis strengh/length. Oils are olive, coconut & castor oil. I love the Eden body works jojoba deep condition.
  • curlsandkinkscurlsandkinks Posts: 41Registered Users
    I'm low porosity. I use suave clarifying shampoo once a month. I can't use apple cider vinegar which does the same thing. I do this to keep my curls bouncy. I low-poo with nice & curly 3-in1 shampoo/conditioner/detangle. Be careful to follow this up with a moisturizing shampoo because the nice & curly shampoo has salt in it. Salt can dry out the hair in excess. My cowash/ro leave in is garnier fructis strengh/length. Oils are olive, coconut & castor oil. I love the Eden body works jojoba deep condition.

thanks, i have raw black soap right now. would that be good to clarify?

i had my eyes on that garnier fructis length and strength. how's that working?
  • CSICSI Posts: 140Registered Users
    I love the Oyin Hair Dew, Camille Rose leave in or her twisting whipped butters as a leave in or Shea Moisture Moisture Milk. I love these three for my leave-in in this order.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Hope and a prayer......

...No seriously I have just stuck with just cleansing my hair with Lo'real Evercreme. I do have some Giovanni Direct Leave In but I only use it when the mood strikes me and I feel like rubbing my hair to death. I really just you water and shea butter or shea butter mix to try and keep my hair moisutrized.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • secret_karmasecret_karma Posts: 438Registered Users
    I use either reve essentials moisture milk or soultanicals knot sauce as a leave in/moisturizer. They both absorb pretty quickly. I avoid glycerin though since it's humid year round where I live.

The only oil that doesn't sit on my hair is argan oil so I use it to seal a few times a week. I wash with bentonite clay mixed with honey.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App