3a, high porosity

jamielynn18jamielynn18 Posts: 8Registered Users
I have 3a high porosity hair and I have noticed that one side of my hair curls into loose spirals of all sizes and the other side is wavy like type 2 hair. Is there anything I can do to help the other side curl? I have tried plopping, pixie drying, more product/less product etc. The only thing I can think of is I side part my hair and the side it's parted on is more curly. Maybe the thinner side is weighted down by product?

Any advice would be much appreciated curly girls!
Sent from my HTCONE using CurlTalk App

Comments

• jamielynn18jamielynn18 Posts: 8Registered Users
  • anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
    My hair does the same thing, following to see what advice you get
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the same issue. Waterlily on Youtube has some excellent videos with ways to encourage curl uniformity. She is a member here also, but I'm not sure she uses the same name here.

Good luck with this! Please post back if you come up with any suggestions.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    Okay,
    So I dropped every product I was using and only use cantu Shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream. I am white but it is in the ethnic hair section. I apply it by scrunching it in and I apply it generously.

My hair is not weighed down, or oily looking but it is however mega curly with absolutely zero frizz. I will attach a picture of my day two hair using just this product which was 6.49 at walgreens.

Funny story, I actually bought this for my horse and it smelled amazing and worked so well I took it home! I'm attaching a before and after of her hair too lol. Second pic of me you can see even the back curled better... Pic of day one hair to come probably Saturday :p

And I no longer brush dry, only wet. I also dry with a tshirt and only use a boars hair brush when I do brush my hair

• poxyfairyplumepoxyfairyplume Posts: 85Registered Users
    Mine does that too. It's getting a little better with some help from alternating protein treatment and deep conditioner.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file