WTF FRIZZ!

ailatailat Posts: 9Registered Users
Holy freaking sugar honey iced tea! I swear, I don't know how in the world to get rid of this damn frizz! I use all these "eliminates frizz" products, but is my frizz gone? NO! I've tried the SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk, Dark & lovely au naturale creme, taliah waajid curly curl cream and even Eco styler gel and the KCCC and frizz is still just chillin. I even try washing my hair in semi cold water and whatnot and that doesn't work. What else can I do? I'm desperate. :(

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1378370116.622444.jpg
Hair Type: 3B/3C, Low Porosity, Medium & Coarse Width, High Density
Pre-Poo: EVOO
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Cowash
Conditioner/Detangler: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: SEARCHING...
Moisturizer: As I Am Double Butter Cream, SheaMoisture Curl & Style Milk
Oil: Organic Coconut Oil

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are you working with your hair properties and dew points/ humidity when choosing ingredients and products? I find the leave in conditioner as or more important than the styling product for frizz control.

Might you have product or hard water build up so need to clarify or chelate? Ingredients that can build up include silicones, butters, certain polyquats, waxes including cetyl esters, mineral oil/ petrolatum. There is shea butter and a copolymer wax in the products in your signature.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • MsSauciMsSauci Posts: 8Registered Users
    Oh man, I'm sorry but I have no help, but I am in the same boat as you. I have printed off the what to have and not have in the products list and spent almost 30 mins looking for a co wash at sallys. I think it is just the weather for me, and needing to add some more conditioner :|
    3B
    Low Porosity
    High Density
    Med length
    Med width
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Try FSG. Seems to help some really bad frizzies.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • ailatailat Posts: 9Registered Users
    chupie wrote: »
    Try FSG. Seems to help some really bad frizzies.
    I tried FSG a while ago. Sadly that didn't work either :(

And firefox, what is wrong with Shea butter? I thought it was good for your hair.
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There's nothing wrong with shea butter, but it can build up. I was using a lot of it the last two weeks and my hair rebelled. It had terrible frizz when wet and dry. It looked kinda like your frizz. I clarified today with a strong shampoo and it looks much better. I won't stop using shea butter, but I will be more careful about how much I use and will clarify occasionally. Many ingredients can build up.

When I get unusual frizz (as opposed to my normal frizz, lol) I try clarifying, gelatin PT, and DT with conditioner/honey/coconut oil.
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
  • ailatailat Posts: 9Registered Users
    CurlyGrey3 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with shea butter, but it can build up. I was using a lot of it the last two weeks and my hair rebelled. It had terrible frizz when wet and dry. It looked kinda like your frizz. I clarified today with a strong shampoo and it looks much better. I won't stop using shea butter, but I will be more careful about how much I use and will clarify occasionally. Many ingredients can build up.

When I get unusual frizz (as opposed to my normal frizz, lol) I try clarifying, gelatin PT, and DT with conditioner/honey/coconut oil.

Hmmm. I did deep condition with the SheaMoisture for about 6 hours...But that was my first time using it and it made my hair so soft...My frizz after that was normal...how my hair always is. What is this gelatin PT you speak of? Sounds interesting.
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's the gelatin recipe :

http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/p/recipes-and-projects.html?m=1

Read the FAQ in the link too. I'm just telling you what works for me. :-)
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file