Shea moisture curling souffle

onyxcurlsonyxcurls Posts: 21Registered Users
Ok I've decided to give it a second go with it and my hair turned out great but I hate the feel of it in my hair feels oily but when u look at your hand no oils...Iam I the only one who's hair feels like this? The result are in my picture

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:wav:

CG on May 21,2012

3c /3b hair

Current Products:

LI: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Shampoo: Looking for one!
CO:EO Citrus and or Tresemme Naturals
DT: Looking for one!
Stylers: ECO Gels and Shea Moisture Curling Souffle

Blog
natural489.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/TheOfficialNaturalHairCommunity

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you do a search, there are a few threads about this. Here's the longest: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/132720-shea-moisture-curling-souffle.html My hair hasn't liked any of the SM Coconut & Hibiscus products that I've tried--just too heavy. Have to wash it out. Because of all the good hype, I bought the Souffle. Didn't care for that, either. My feelings were similar to yours. I like my hair soft and natural feeling. This stuff makes it feel producty.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annie1980Annie1980 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Oh my goodness, your hair is gorgeous! It's so long, and SO shiny!
  • CynCurlyQCynCurlyQ Posts: 9Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    If you do a search, there are a few threads about this. Here's the longest: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/132720-shea-moisture-curling-souffle.html My hair hasn't liked any of the SM Coconut & Hibiscus products that I've tried--just too heavy. Have to wash it out. Because of all the good hype, I bought the Souffle. Didn't care for that, either. My feelings were similar to yours. I like my hair soft and natural feeling. This stuff makes it feel producty.
    It probably depends on how dry your hair is. I love the masque, but I have really dry hair so it makes it nice and soft. Heck I can put oil on my hair and it just sucks it up.
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    Great results :) Your hair is so pretty and shiny. I have tried the souffle and it left my curls oily but then again maybe I was heavy handed with it.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • pinkmouse09pinkmouse09 Posts: 107Registered Users
    How did your 2nd day hair feel? I'm still experimenting with this product. A tiny bit definitely goes a long way !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Conditoner/Detangle: V05 Moisture Milk (Passion Fruit Smoothie), Aussie Moist
    Clarify: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Vitamins: One Daily and GNC Ultra NourishHair
  • lalamelalame Posts: 10Registered Users
    CynCurlyQ wrote: »
    kathymack wrote: »
    It probably depends on how dry your hair is. I love the masque, but I have really dry hair so it makes it nice and soft. Heck I can put oil on my hair and it just sucks it up.

Haha that how my hair is I probably go and try the masque now how long dies it keep your fair feeling soft ?
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks gorgeous, the definition is amazing. SM is most definitely too heavy for me. But I have similar experience to what you're describing with about anything I use. Almost any product initially makes my hair look greasy/oily at first (I think I'm lo po), but I can't get good curly hair without product. As it sits on my hair longer, then it looks less greasy as the day goes on.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file