Help! I'm new

MsSauciMsSauci Posts: 8Registered Users
I hate to be the newbie, I feel that when I try something it works, then I read on and find that maybe it was all in my head. I spend tons of time researching and feel like I'm trying to decipher a foreign code!

I am now using a co-wash *found it at Sallys but fit the long list of what to have and not to have* with DevaCurl OneCondition, then add in the DevaCurl gel with smoothing cream and then plop my hair. Sometimes it's nice, other it is frizzy.

I have no idea if I am even using the co-wash correctly if I use it with the one condition. I am almost ready to give up, but really want to FINALLY get along with my hair. I did try to figure out my hair type, and maybe I got that right, but I still feel so lost!!!
3B
Low Porosity
High Density
Med length
Med width

Comments

• davidkaltsasdavidkaltsas Posts: 119Registered Users
    MsSauci wrote: »
    I hate to be the newbie, I feel that when I try something it works, then I read on and find that maybe it was all in my head. I spend tons of time researching and feel like I'm trying to decipher a foreign code!

I am now using a co-wash *found it at Sallys but fit the long list of what to have and not to have* with DevaCurl OneCondition, then add in the DevaCurl gel with smoothing cream and then plop my hair. Sometimes it's nice, other it is frizzy.

I have no idea if I am even using the co-wash correctly if I use it with the one condition. I am almost ready to give up, but really want to FINALLY get along with my hair. I did try to figure out my hair type, and maybe I got that right, but I still feel so lost!!!

Welcome ! :) Your products are good ! .
    Thats the way to co-wash :

1.Pick up a water-soluble products. Read the product labels here. Look for conditioners and stylers that do not contain silicones — or catch up on which silicones are water-soluble and which aren’t. If you aren’t planning to shampoo, you’ll need to use products that can be washed out easily with just water.

2.In the shower, wet hair throughly and apply a large portion of conditioner to your hair. Your hair needs to be covered and saturated from roots to ends.

3.Noodle your hair. This is just fancy term for finger combing and detangling. Grab sections of your hair and finger comb tangles out, running your hands through the section in a quick fashion, multiple times. This will rub the conditioner into the hair shaft, basically “washing” it the way that a shampoo would.

4.For your scalp, use the conditioner like you would a shampoo. If you are still rubbing and tousling your scalp in the shower — like they do in the Herbal Essences commercials — stop right now! All that rubbing is bad news for your curls, and only causes more tangles and destroys the curl pattern. Instead, use the same “noodle” method on your scalp, rubbing your hands through the hair to detangle, and then gently massage the conditioner into the scalp. This will cleanse it.

You could upload a photo to help you with your hairtype :)
    Curl Pattern: 3a mixed with 3b
    Porosity:Low
    Density:Medium to High
    Width:Medium-Coarse
    Length:Medium

CG Method since 25/6/13

Want to reach terminal length !
  • MsSauciMsSauci Posts: 8Registered Users
    MsSauci wrote: »

You could upload a photo to help you with your hairtype :)

I added it to my profile, is that what you meant?
    3B
    Low Porosity
    High Density
    Med length
    Med width

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file