WEN Products

Toni.WatsonToni.Watson Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi has anyone tried WEN? I've been thinking about using it for a couple of years but since I am on medications and have very high porosity, I am not sure if it would work for me.

I've tried mixing my own conditioners and I've invested in Moroccan Oil. But everything just sits on top of my hair. :crybaby:

btw...I drink plenty of water and make sure that I get enough Vitamins A, D, B6 and E.

Comments

• Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Long Island, New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
    Hi has anyone tried WEN? I've been thinking about using it for a couple of years but since I am on medications and have very high porosity, I am not sure if it would work for me.

I've tried mixing my own conditioners and I've invested in Moroccan Oil. But everything just sits on top of my hair. :crybaby:

btw...I drink plenty of water and make sure that I get enough Vitamins A, D, B6 and E.

I do not use Wen because I'm off of silicone. It's also cheaper to use a conditioner to wash with. That's what I do.

If you are low porosity like me, oils will just sit on top of your hair. So I have given up on them completely.

Regards,
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Not absorbing product, etc., is a sign of low porosity hair under normal circumstances. Since you bolded high in purple, not sure why you put this on the low porosity forum.

A lot of people stay away from Wen because of the Amodimethicone.
    Most of the Moroccan Oil products have cones in them. First two ingredients in the treatment are Cyclomethicone and Dimetthicone. Since you say that your high porosity, if you're using all these cones, and not washing them out, you could have build up that's preventing absorption.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file