Triangle hair tips

VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
This is what I'm dealing with. This is making my hair looks way thicker than I want it to. I want vertical hair. Thanks for the help. [it looks more moisture a usually.. It's the lighting]
Sing with Barney tune:
Frizz loves me
I hate frizz
It sticks to me
like a kid
with some creams
and some gel
and then nothing does the trick
Please help me
My curly friends.
:afro:

Comments

• VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
    Help seriously needed for school :(
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    From far away
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • davidkaltsasdavidkaltsas Posts: 119Registered Users
    Attachment not found.
    From far away

i think that the only way to avoid triangle hair is side parting :/ thats what i do !
    Curl Pattern: 3a mixed with 3b
    Porosity:Low
    Density:Medium to High
    Width:Medium-Coarse
    Length:Medium

CG Method since 25/6/13

Want to reach terminal length !
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The best way to avoid triangle hair is a good cut with the appropriate layering. It will "lighten"things up at the top. You can also try clipping, styling upside down and other techniques to get volume at the roots.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ow yes i forgot ... ! its true a layered hair style or a deva cut will really help you avoid triangle hair!

CG Method since 25/6/13

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ask your stylist to change the shape of your hemline/ends, maybe cutting the corners more on an angle which could create long face-framing layers for you. Long layers in the back could help with root lift if you want that.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    What is a deva cut? I need to cut it at home.

Will cutting the outside of the pyramid in an angle get rid of this? It doesn't look too bad if you look at my face kinda close up
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    /
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Here's a good vid on cutting/ trimming your own hair from waterlily716

http://youtu.be/CWuQ7lJrPb4
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    VoluminousGirly, that's what I was thinking of. Maybe start with a smaller area on the corners to see if you like that. Personally, I couldn't cut my hair myself and get it even.

My hair is only at shoulders but it looks blobby on me. I previously told my HD to cut the back straight across/blunt. Next time I see him I am going to ask him to try a "U" shape, which will probably help my hair look a bit springier from the front view if I chop the corners a bit.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    Spiralli wrote: »
    VoluminousGirly, that's what I was thinking of. Maybe start with a smaller area on the corners to see if you like that. Personally, I couldn't cut my hair myself and get it even.

My hair is only at shoulders but it looks blobby on me. I previously told my HD to cut the back straight across/blunt. Next time I see him I am going to ask him to try a "U" shape, which will probably help my hair look a bit springier from the front view if I chop the corners a bit.

I researched a bit about hemlines and it seems that shaping it into a U will help. The problem with mine (not sure if it is) but I need to put my hair all back and I'm scared if the outside corners will add extra volume.. Like lift my roots which is something I don't want.
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    chupie wrote: »
    Here's a good vid on cutting/ trimming your own hair from waterlily716

http://youtu.be/CWuQ7lJrPb4

Thanks! I'll have to look for my dead ends first.
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    Oh, the products in my hair with this triangle:

4 gels (for enough hold)-
    La looks nutra curl
    La looks sport
    La looks wet looks
    Ic fantasia ( for weight)

Leave in:
    Garner sleek and shine

Extra weight (elongation):
    Just for me milk
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.

La looks nutra curl
    La looks sport
    La looks wet looks

Leave in:
    Garner sleek and shine

Just for me milk

Well . Its risky to cut your hair in U shape without a stylist. :S I think that it would be better to cut layers . (long layers) because it is easier to cut on your own !

CG Method since 25/6/13

La looks nutra curl
    La looks sport
    La looks wet looks

Leave in:
    Garner sleek and shine

Just for me milk

Well . Its risky to cut your hair in U shape without a stylist. :S I think that it would be better to cut layers . (long layers) because it is easier to cut on your own !

:confused3: I heard a rumor that you shouldn't have layers on curly/wavy hair (I have wavy hair and some curly. I find that using curly people products help me more)
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    No, probably most have long layers (long, key word). See: Tips for Cutting Curly Hair Your Stylist Can't Live Without
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    No, probably most have long layers (long, key word). See: Tips for Cutting Curly Hair Your Stylist Can't Live Without

Sorry for the amount of misunderstandings and questions I have- I'm a total dummy with my hair :(

But anyways, I looked at some layering videos and I do not see how my top layer will lay down on my bottom layer. It seems like it will make my hair look bigger and make another shape
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    It's really too bad you can't find a curly stylist for your first cut and then just keep it up. But really search "long layers" you'll see thread after thread about them. It's a way of de-bushing without thinning.

Sorry for the amount of misunderstandings and questions I have- I'm a total dummy with my hair :(

But anyways, I looked at some layering videos and I do not see how my top layer will lay down on my bottom layer. It seems like it will make my hair look bigger and make another shape

No they wont. Thats what everyone thinks. If you cut long layers they will really help you with the triangle thing.. i agree with chupie. its hard without having a curly hairstylist . I am lucky because my mother is a curly hair stylist and she cuts my layers. Dont worry about layers and bigger hair..

CG Method since 25/6/13

• bralbasaurbralbasaur Posts: 2Registered Users
    Layers will definitely help. It'll make sure that the bulk of your hair is evenly distributed, making the ends thinner. More volume at the root (meaning a little more height than what you have going on right now) will also help. What products are you using, and do you shake out your hair after your products dry/set?

This should be helpful: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/haircuts/avoiding-the-pyramid
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are you using silicones? I've read on naturally curly curl power app that silicones can contribute to triangle head as well as they build up on the hair.
    Are you using silicones? I've read on naturally curly curl power app that silicones can contribute to triangle head as well as they build up on the hair.

yes they do . but I think that she definitely has a hairstyle problem :) Ok I dont have to say anything else else. Just LONG layers or devacut . and/or a side parting!

CG Method since 25/6/13

• CarolinaCurlzCarolinaCurlz Posts: 30Registered Users
    Definitely get the Deva Cut. I went yesterday and now I no longer have triangle hair. Once you get it cut you don't need to get it cut again for a long time.

This is what my hair looks today, after my Deva Cut yesterday:
    devacutsept31_zpsa0184b9d.jpg

devacutsept32_zps472a394f.jpg

It looks uneven but it isn't. My daughter took these pics from the backseat while I was driving.
    2 b/c at the moment, 3a when not relaxed
    Medium Texture
    Normal Porosity

bralbasaur wrote: »
    Layers will definitely help. It'll make sure that the bulk of your hair is evenly distributed, making the ends thinner. More volume at the root (meaning a little more height than what you have going on right now) will also help. What products are you using, and do you shake out your hair after your products dry/set?

This should be helpful: Avoiding the Pyramid

No I don't shake my hair. I try to let the gel dry a lot first.

I used on this pic..
    IC Fantasia
    LA LOOKS Nutra curl, sports, and wet looks.
    Leave in- garnier sleek and shine

I changed my leave in to sheamoisture today

I put this on my hair after I co washed. Should I put it on dry?
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.

yes they do . but I think that she definitely has a hairstyle problem :) Ok I dont have to say anything else else. Just LONG layers or devacut . and/or a side parting!

I'm doing the curly girl method :) I think I'm still lacking moisture because the first thing people said to me when I pony tailed was- your hair is so light, poofy, and soft! In 4th grade, I thought it was a compliment lol.
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.

No they wont. Thats what everyone thinks. If you cut long layers they will really help you with the triangle thing.. i agree with chupie. its hard without having a curly hairstylist . I am lucky because my mother is a curly hair stylist and she cuts my layers. Dont worry about layers and bigger hair..

What is it exactly? Do you like clip you hair up like a half up half down, then take your under hair and ponytail it, then cut your top hair in half?
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    Definitely get the Deva Cut. I went yesterday and now I no longer have triangle hair. Once you get it cut you don't need to get it cut again for a long time.

It looks uneven but it isn't. My daughter took these pics from the backseat while I was driving.

First off, I love you hair!
    Do you remember what kind of stuff your stylist did? Like cut it dry, put product in it, clipping hair, etc.
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • coracora Posts: 456Registered Users
    For the record, describing hair as "light, poufy and soft" is a compliment (at least in my book). Would you rather have the opposite-- "heavy, stringy and hard" hair? And I think your hair is lovely. If you can't get a cut, putting your hair half up/half down and playing with hairstyles can help with triangle hair. Which I'm not seeing in your case.There are women out there who would kill for your hair (or at least steal for it). So I think you should give it a little more credit and some love.
  • CarolinaCurlzCarolinaCurlz Posts: 30Registered Users

First off, I love you hair!
    Do you remember what kind of stuff your stylist did? Like cut it dry, put product in it, clipping hair, etc.

Yes, she cut it while dry and cut it on the "c" part of the curls. She cleansed it with Deva Curl no poo, One Condition and then I flipped my hair upside down and she scrunched in the Deva Curl Light defining gel while it was still sopping wet. Then she used a microfiber towel and scrunched the water out. I sat under a dryer that mimics air drying. When it was dried, she scrunched out the crunch.

What I did different today is that instead of scrunching in the Light Defining Gel, I first scrunched in Catwalk Curl Amplifier and then the gel. I love the stuff, but they don't use it in the salon. When I did my hair today, it came out nicer then when they did it at the salon and I know it's because I used the Catwalk stuff. LOVE it!
    2 b/c at the moment, 3a when not relaxed
    Medium Texture
    Normal Porosity

• anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
    I think light fluffy and soft is a compliment as well. Volume is great for curls and that's how you get rid of the pyramid look. A little shorter than long layers and scrunch upside down to get some volume at the root. Also try a side part!

Your hair is so beautiful! I would love to have that volume and those curls!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file