Help a newbie out

So confused on what to do with my hair. It is wavy and gets weighed down easily. I do shampoo daily, but willing to change. My usual routine is wash & condition and curl activator. It looks good for a little while, but then weighed down & greasy. No product=frizz for me. I am trying to change to more natural products with a decent rating on the EWG site & products that are readily available in most stores would be a bonus. But I am open to all recommendations. Thanks!
2a/b, med/high porosity, high density, fine texture

Comments

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    I recommend trying the CG method ^^ not washing with sulfates for a while will definitely improve your hair's condition.

Here's a link that explains the curly girl method which has worked for many of us: 3 Ways to Follow the Curly Girl Method for Curly Hair - wikiHow

Good luck!
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • LovemybabyLovemybaby Posts: 234Registered Users
    Im in the same boat.... I use fsg as gel, a hard hold gel smoothed over that, and when it dries, i HAVE to tease my roots or no volume will exist in my hair! (coconut oil smoothed on hair afterwords does amazing, but dont apply near ur roots!). However, i have been doing cg for three months, and my hair feels even MORE weighrd down and horrible at the roots. The length of my hair is awesome, but i have limp, sticky feeling/producty feeling in my roots, and i have no idea what to do! They say not to use sulfates but how do we fix this problem otherwise! :(

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using CurlTalk App
    Maybe its hard water buildup..

• kaykrekaykre Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lovemybaby wrote: »
    Im in the same boat.... I use fsg as gel, a hard hold gel smoothed over that, and when it dries, i HAVE to tease my roots or no volume will exist in my hair! (coconut oil smoothed on hair afterwords does amazing, but dont apply near ur roots!). However, i have been doing cg for three months, and my hair feels even MORE weighrd down and horrible at the roots. The length of my hair is awesome, but i have limp, sticky feeling/producty feeling in my roots, and i have no idea what to do! They say not to use sulfates but how do we fix this problem otherwise! :(

Maybe your cowash is too heavy? And do you clip your roots?
    2A/B. Mix of fine, medium, and coarse (mostly medium). Dense. Mix of normal and high porosity.
    Dry climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    The more you shampoo your hair, the greasier your hair will get. Especially with sulfate shampoos. It strips your hair and sends a signal to the body to produce more oil.
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil
    Im not sure how to clip my roots, and my ytc doesnt have sulfates, but ur saying to cut back on washing, to get less oil overload? Any suggestions on what to do for the problem until its fixed ? :( i hate this oil problem

yeah i hope your using a sulfate free shampoo! I can tell the difference, but like she said, the more u wash it equals more oil.. Im suffering that now :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file