Going to the store, advice needed on this!

Any hard hold gels that wont build up on my hair, as well as dry shampoos?

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using CurlTalk App

Comments

• JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    LA looks sport gel is a popular one and I have used it myself. Cheap and CG approved. As for dry shampoo, they all pretty much do the same thing so just look around in the hair section and find one that says "invisible". Good Luck(:
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil
  • LovemybabyLovemybaby Posts: 234Registered Users
    I have been using aussie instant freeze, but i think the polyquats build up! I have LALSG, but i liked aussie better. I guess i could always try it again, and thanks for the dry shampoo suggestion!

LA looks has tons of gels so find one with a hold of 8-10 and give it a try. They're cheap so trying a few won't break the bank. People also like garnier fructis pure and clean gel extra strong hold. Herbal Essences totally twisted gel is another CG gel.
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    One more question! :

Ive been using ytc shampoo, and giovanni sas conditioner, with fsg and aussie instant freeze, then aftet it dries i tease, and smooth over the hair with coconut oil from my chin down. Is there any way my shampoo could be building up at my roots? My curls feel good, but my roots are so sticky feeling/limp! Could u tell me whays doing this? Am i not using enuf shampoo, should i clarify again, or is the coconut oil and gel not coming out when i wash and is somehow affecting my roots even though i dont apply it there?

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Wow if anything your hair should be super clarified, IF I remember correctly YTC has sodium coco sulphate, which is a super aggressive sulfate, it's basically the same thing as sodium lauryl sulfate. One of the most aggressive sulfates.
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • kaykrekaykre Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LALSG is okay... I still prefer Deva UDG though.

the only dry shampoo I like is Lush... It's not at the drugstore but its drugstore priced.
    2A/B. Mix of fine, medium, and coarse (mostly medium). Dense. Mix of normal and high porosity.
    Dry climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The new bottle doesnt have sulfates, and thats the one im using (yes to cukes color protection shampoo).

Anyone else having problems woth their roots? Should i clarify if i havent sincr i started like 3 months ago? :( i miss sulfate shampoo bc my roots are horrible now, yet my length is good!

Also, is our hard water the culprit?!

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Hard water could be the culprit. Or maybe your hair doesn't like that Aussie instant freeze product. There could be several causes. Do you massage your scalp properly during washing?
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
    I believe so, i just massage while the ytc is in, and wash out while still massaging. I actually think the shampoo is causing it, bc it makes my scalp get a burning feeling? And i can massage/wash with water and no shampoo, and just apply everything else, and my hair is better than when i used the shsmpoo, bc my roots are more volumous then! No idea why!

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    are you putting any product on your roots? I never do.

My hair never gets buildup with yestocucumbers or any other low poo (or when I cowashed as a matter of fact.) maybe try using a bigger amount of ytc but concentrate that only on your roots (don't shampoo the lenghts unless you need to; let the suds fall down your lenghts.)

it could be that your scalp is still adjusting to not using sulfates. i know a lot of people go through this phase... my scalp never did... it loved cowashing (and low-poos) from the get-go. Everyone is different.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
    Try a different shampoo. A way to clarify is doing an ACV rinse, so you could give that a try as well. I think you need a product makeover haha your routine doesn't seem to be giving you results that you're happy with. Maybe try a giovanni sulfate free shampoo and switch your gel to something I mentioned before or something you've been interested in.
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Thanks! How long could this horrid transition faze last? :/ i will try more shampoo, and if that doesnt work, ill clarify when i can get some ACV, then ill try a new shampoo! My length is finally controlled for the most part, soft, and frizz free, but my ears up is horrible! I got a lighter conditioner (just picked it up, and ill try it tomorrow!) Its As I Am Coconut Cleansing Cowash Conditioner, so should i use it for a RO or in place of shampoo? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file