We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Question about CGM

anna7anna7 Posts: 17Registered Users
A silly question. I haven't used a shampoo in awhile, but the last time I straightened my hair I used products with silicone. Should I start all over and use a shampoo one last time? I didn't even think about it :/

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Any time you use silicones, you need to clarify with a clarifying shampoo to make sure you get the silicones out.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    Sulfates and harsh clarifying shampoos are not necessary. Any sulfate-free cleanser with coco betaine will do the trick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    ^ yup what corrina said.

CG method technically permits low-pooing; I think it was especially recommended for wavies. It's always good to have a good low-poo around IMO even if you're doing no-poo... in cases of silicone oopsies or buildup or just the occasional refresher.

A low-poo that I really like that is available on the ground (drugstores) is YesToCucumbers (new formulation). It is silicone and sulfate-free and can dissolve silicones (has c. betaine). Giovanni 50:50 works similarly. Both of these shouldn't strip your hair.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list