TiGi Curls Rock Amplifier

I've been thinking about giving this product another go. It was a personal fave of mine pre CG, back in college, but I was wondering about the Cyclomethicone. So far what I read says that it evaporates so it doesn't build, but that the evaporation can raise the cuticle and leave your hair feeling rough.

Is that pretty much the gist of it? Is there more I should know or does anyone have any personal experience with that cone they'd like to share.

I think I'll get it from my Fred Meyer since the return policy is really good. Though I think they carry the old bottle, not that I care.
3C/Fine to Medium/Low Porosity/High Density

:love5:MoistureMoistureMoisture:love5:

Low Poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
RO/DC: DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
Styler: Queen Helene Sculpturing Gel & Glaze

No Salts, No Waxes, No Butters, No Heavy Oils
No ACV, No Saponified Oils, Protein Sensitive

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That is pretty much the gist of it. I honestly don't even notice any increased dry or rough feeling when I use it. I also found that I got very different results when I used it after following CG than I got pre-CG (in a very good way).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • artemis513artemis513 Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Please remember that there are other ingredients in the product besides cyclomethicone. The whole product is a cream that is moisturizing, so really you shouldn't experience the evaporation or dryness in any real way. Look at the rest of the ingredients list--it's not formulated to dry the hair out. Sorry, but it's hard to read people judging a whole product based off of one ingredient when the formulation and how it is used is what matters...
    4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
    Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
    My Fotki
    My Blog
  • JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users
    artemis513 wrote: »
    Please remember that there are other ingredients in the product besides cyclomethicone. The whole product is a cream that is moisturizing, so really you shouldn't experience the evaporation or dryness in any real way. Look at the rest of the ingredients list--it's not formulated to dry the hair out. Sorry, but it's hard to read people judging a whole product based off of one ingredient when the formulation and how it is used is what matters...

I never said I was. I simply wanted to completely grasp the ingredient before making my judgement call. There is no need for me to ask about the other ingredients, I am familiar with those. Also, as it is the second or third ingredient, it's pretty prominent in the formulation, but thanks for the lecture.

artemis513 wrote: »

I never said I was. I simply wanted to completely grasp the ingredient before making my judgement call. There is no need for me to ask about the other ingredients, I am familiar with those. Also, as it is the second or third ingredient, it's pretty prominent in the formulation, but thanks for the lecture.

It was not my intention to lecture. It was a reminder. Take it or leave it. I just know that a lot of people who will read this thread will not understand what you say you already know. Based on your question, there is no way to know that you are aware of the other ingredients. This is not a private thread, it is posted for others to see, and it's something that comes up in like every product related thread.
    My Fotki
    My Blog
  • JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users
    My question specifically refers to the cone, it makes no assumptions to the product as a whole.

No one said you were making assumptions about the whole product. I am just saying that one ingredient does not make the product, which you already said that you understand...sigh...
    My Fotki
    My Blog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file