my hair always looks messy!

I'm relatively new to the curly world and I have been following everything in the curly guide book and not using silicones and scrunching and no shampoo etc. My hair always looks nice wet and then by the time it dries it looks cray and messy and curls going in every direction. I've tried picking it, running my fingers through it, re scrunching it. What to do?

Comments

• PyjamaLlamaPyjamaLlama Posts: 72Registered Users
    Do you air dry or diffuse? This could help your hair dry better.
    Touching your hair when it's dry will make it frizzier, stopping doing that might help.
    You could try doing a deep conditioning treatment moisturise your hair, in case dryness is your problem.
    Is there any way you could Attach any pictures so we could see your hair?? This way we could see it and we could give you more suggestions :)
  • JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    I think you need a devacut, either from devachan or a stylist who went through the course. You need someone to look at each curl and really clean it up so it looks less messy. Another tip is to style your hair absolutely soaking wet. The water promotes clumping which creates a neater curl. After your products are in, take a t shirt or microfiber towel and gently scrunch the excess water out. You can even apply a little more gel after that. Then let it air dry without touching it at all. Once it is 100% dry, SOTC gently.
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file