Any way to fix hair after SOTC that went limp/didnt curl and flipped outward?

If i do by chance get decent hair, as soon as i scrunch, some peices fly out and dont curl like the rest, and some already didnt curl before i SOTC, and its always arounf the same area! Coconut oil is great if i run it over the gel because it instantly removes crunch, but i still need help controlling these noncurly strands that fly out!

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using CurlTalk App

Comments

• JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    The non-curling sections just might be a different curl pattern than the rest of your hair, which is quite common. You can try skip curling them with gel. If all else fails and you really want to define them, a curling iron might be the only other option. You can try braiding the help them dry curled, but it might not blend well with the rest of your hair.

As for the problem with SOTC, I think you need a stronger hold gel. What's happening is that while scrunching out the crunch, you are also scrunching out the hold. A stronger hold gel will be able to control the hair without the gel cast.
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil
  • chupiechupie Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    And if I do it while its damp woe is me. I really have to wait for it to be dry. I will say my straight bits have gotten much better.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • LovemybabyLovemybaby Posts: 234Registered Users
    Last night i tried adding a stronger hold gel, and my curls survived the night, but, i tried pineappling it and i think that may have ruined some of it, so im going to try sleeping without pineappling! I would do the plopping thing, but my hair hated it! It would get stiff and stuck in the exact way i plopped it! Talk about helmet head!

• JessiiLeighhJessiiLeighh Posts: 195Registered Users
    Lovemybaby wrote: »
    Last night i tried adding a stronger hold gel, and my curls survived the night, but, i tried pineappling it and i think that may have ruined some of it, so im going to try sleeping without pineappling! I would do the plopping thing, but my hair hated it! It would get stiff and stuck in the exact way i plopped it! Talk about helmet head!

Make sure you are pineappling loosely so you aren't pulling too much. Pineappling and plopping are harder for short hair, so if your hair is shorter, that might be why. Try sleeping without pineappling, but wear a satin cap or use a satin pillowcase.
    :wav:
    3a, fine/med strand thickness, high density, low porosity
    CG since April 2012
    BC October 2012
    Cleanser: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey or CJ Daily Fix
    RO Conditioner: Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Leave In: KCKT
    Stylers: Either Raw Curls Spray Gel, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, or MopTop Curly Custard, and always topped with Curlisto Control II Gel
    Sealer: Pure Argan Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file