panties down the drain

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
So I had my underwear in the bathtub w/ me this morning. (I sometimes rinse them out in there instead of putting them in washing machine bc the fabric is very thin and delicate and I want to extend their life.)

Well, I forgot about them and took the stopper out. And before I knew it, I saw the tail end of them being sucked down the drain. I tried to grab them but i was too late.

At first the water was stopped up but w/in a minute of two, the water continued draining out.

I stuck my finger in the drain and thought I felt the panties and tried to hold onto them while the water was draining out. After the water was all out, I got a metal hanger and tried to hook the panties and pull them back up. But alas, it was only a small wad of hair.

I can't tell if the panties are miles downstream now. Or if they are just a foot down the pipe, a major clog waiting to happen.

I don't have a home warranty policy on this house at the moment...stupid, I know. But I was planning on getting one in a couple of months.

I ran water afterward for about 20 mintes minutes and the water is going down fine. So do you think it's worth the expense of getting a plumber out to snake the drain? At what point does the pipe widen sufficiently that a skimpy g-string would be pulled completely out of the way?

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Those darn g-strings! I think the drain ate them. :tongue7:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm sorry but the thread's title is funny. I was hoping it was a metaphor or something. Anyway, if you're really concerned about a clog, you can get a lye based drain clearer such as Red Devil. It's usually in powder or pellet form. It's way stronger than Drano or anything like that IME. It eats through my hair when it's clogging a drain. I'd use it to break down the panties and prevent back up issues. I get it at WalMart.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    Those darn g-strings! I think the drain ate them. :tongue7:

Like in a way that it's been fully digested and gone forever? Or like a meal that keeps repeating itself? LOL
    I'm sorry but the thread's title is funny. I was hoping it was a metaphor or something. Anyway, if you're really concerned about a clog, you can get a lye based drain clearer such as Red Devil. It's usually in powder or pellet form. It's way stronger than Drano or anything like that IME. It eats through my hair when it's clogging a drain. I'd use it to break down the panties and prevent back up issues. I get it at WalMart.

You don't say!

It would probably be murder on my crappy plastic pipes. But just once wouldn't be too bad, right?
    Just to clarify: I don't care about getting the panties back. I am trying to avoid a future stoppage.

(My 5 y/o kept saying, "just be grateful for what you have, mommy. You have other panties. Just be grateful for those." :rendeer:
    I'd worry about the pipes. In my apartment complex we are told not to use drano or anything like that in our drains.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    It will say on the package if is safe for drains. This also what I would do. That, i I would just take the pipes apart myself and check.
    scrills wrote: »
    I would just take the pipes apart myself and check.

But it's a bathtub (not a sink) and I can't get to the pipes.

I have a finished basement; there is just a small unfinished laundry area where I can see pipes but I have no idea which pipe goes to what bc I have four bathrooms in my house...and the bathroom in question is on the other side of the house from the laundry room.

How would you do that?
    There is usually an access panel for tubs. Mine is in the closet of the room next to it (my bathroom)

I will call my brother and see what he says

I lost the head of pipe cleaner in my tub once. I was worried but he was pretty much like "oh well"
    After laughing and a couple of questions. He said to just let the water run and see if it backs up. At some point the undies will hit the main pipe and then the sewer line and will be off to the sewage plant.

Another thing I just thought of, if it starts to back up, I would use a plunger first. Again, the goal is to get it to the main line.

It sounds like you are ok
    scrills wrote: »
    After laughing and a couple of questions. He said to just let the water run and see if it backs up. At some point the undies will hit the main pipe and then the sewer line and will be off to the sewage plant.

Another thing I just thought of, if it starts to back up, I would use a plunger first. Again, the goal is to get it to the main line.

It sounds like you are ok

Bless you both!
    And I like the idea of Red Devil as a back up!

Thanks!

eta - am I the only one who sometimes washes her drawers in the tub?:-|
    Nope....I accomplish a lot of things in the bathtub.
    From Michael Berg:

• BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Curl Neophyte
    Just to clarify: I don't care about getting the panties back. I am trying to avoid a future stoppage.

(My 5 y/o kept saying, "just be grateful for what you have, mommy. You have other panties. Just be grateful for those." :rendeer:

LoL! Smart kid. :)
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • sarahspinssarahspins Registered Users Posts: 20
    My kids have sent enough random things down the drain that if you had any kind of clog, even partial, you'd definitely know about it!

Try not to worry too much, they are probably long gone by now.
    3a/2c natural redhead and I've been sulfate/cone free since 2006 :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file