HELP!

flowerpower1flowerpower1 Registered Users Posts: 2
I hope this is in the right place... i think I did something horrible.

I recently bleached my hair twice (I left about a month in between bleaches and using oils and masks to repair it)

I needed to tone my hair so I toned it last night. It ended up not looking right - it was uneven and needed a second tone. So I literally just toned it again. I don't know what happened but I think my hair split all the way up the shaft to almost the root. I am freaking out!! I don't know what to do! Can someone help?!

:sad8:

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome. When you say 'toned' you mean you used a temporary or a permanent colour?

Unfortunately you cannot repair hair with oils and masks, whoever told you that is wrong. You can temporarily patch the damage and strengthen with hydrolysed protein, but hair is dead so cannot be permanently repaired. Any hair that is split unfortunately needs to be cut off, it cannot be salvaged.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • flowerpower1flowerpower1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hi! thank you! I used a semi permanent (twice) with a 20 developer and red gold colour corrector :)

does this mean i will need to shave my head? :( My hair is still very wet as it is thick but the strands feel very brittle and thin.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Sorry I don't understand US terminology/ am still confused. If you used a 20 volume peroxide that is permanent not semi permanent. Was the colour corrector temporary (no peroxide nor alkaline agents)? You didn't use persulphate bleach at any point just peroxide?

Were you dying over virgin hair or old dye? Did your strand tests work out fine? How can you see your hair is split if it's still wet? You definitely cannot repair long split ends or white dots. Hair that is mushy and stretchy from persulphate bleach can sometimes be somewhat patch repaired with hydrolysed protein treatments. But if hair is completely fried basically there isn't anything to be done except cut, sorry.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file