Spinoff: type of drinkware

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
What determines the shape and type of the glasses and drinkware you normally use? I know for wine and liquor, you use different shapes for different drinks bc supposed the different shapes enhance the aroma and heighten gustatory sensation.

But for nonalcoholic drinks, how many different varieties do you have and what determines which you will reach for at any given time?

I love the look of a stemless whiskey-type glass, esp if the glass is smoked. Does anyone drink nonalcoholoc drinks from glasses like this? Do they enhance the experience at all?

010612_roller_rock_whiskey_glass_2.jpg

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    My last set were like that, but the tall ones were a PITA to clean. I looked for something with a wider top this time.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • PoPo Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    I drink out of jars most of the time.Yes, I'm country.

Occasionally, I'll use stemless wine glasses for water. It looks really pretty with crushed ice.

I also like juice glasses from the 40s and 50s. Ones with a heavier bottom.
    3c/4a
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Does anyone drink coffee at home from a demure little teacup or drink tea from an oversized coffee mug w/ a witty slogans on it?

If you make espresso at home, do you drink it from a demitasse cup?

If you make blended latte drinks or fruit or green smooties, what do you drink them from?
  • divegirldivegirl Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Curl Neophyte
    I have a set of these:
    img12c.jpg

I use the smallest ones for shots of espresso. The next size up for juice and short cocktails. The next one for lattes and long cocktails. The biggest one for smoothies.

I also have a lot of pint glasses that I also use for cocktails.
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Divegirl,

What brand are those glasses? I like them. :chef:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • divegirldivegirl Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Curl Neophyte
    Zinnia wrote: »
    Divegirl,

Whoops, I should've included that information! They're the Duralex Picardie tumblers. I got them from Williams Sonoma.
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Thanks!
    Do the glasses feel substantial in your hand? I like my glasses to have some weight to them.

divegirl wrote: »
    Zinnia wrote: »
    Divegirl,

Whoops, I should've included that information! They're the Duralex Picardie tumblers. I got them from Williams Sonoma.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file