CurlTalk

Hello from Potential Wavy

HisreputationHisreputation Posts: 39Registered Users
Hello All! I've been lurking around this forum for the past couple of days and decided to plunge in to tap into some of your expertise. A bit of background:
I'm a 2a...maybe. FIA's 1c, though, describes my current hair perfectly: straight with body wave and one or two visible s-waves (e.g. nape of neck or temples). It's these persistent s-waves (which have, on rare occasion, turned 2c) that make me wonder if there's more wave/curl potential hiding in my hair.
I've been low-poo for just over a year, but may start mixing in some co-washing.
I know I'll be posting lots of questions soon!
Low-Poo: Giovanni TTTT
Rinse Out: Yes To Coconuts Conditioner

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Welcome!

Do work out your hair properties, download the free 'Curls on the Go' app if you have a smartphone and read the stickies. Many wavies do better with low-poo than with conditioner only washing, they prefer the volume and bounce.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • fightingfrizzfightingfrizz Posts: 65Registered Users
    Welcome! I'm a big fan of lo poo and alternate that with co washing. It sounds as though you've got lots of potential there, enjoy unlocking it!
    UK based, Curly from birth 2b-2c fairly porous with cherub tendencies and frizz halo! Faves include KCKT and Keracare LIs, Deva Curl, CCCCL, Ecosyler gel and Be Curly Curl Enhancer. I don’t mind the odd cone - shhh smile.gif CG since August 2012
  • HisreputationHisreputation Posts: 39Registered Users
    Thanks for the welcomes! I worked out my properties as follows:
    2a, Low Porosity, Fine to Medium Width, Medium Density, APL.

I want to take some photos so you veterans can get a better idea of what I'm working with. Once I've got those, I'll start asking lots of questions! Right now, I'm a little bit overwhelmed with all the variables that play a part in cultivating waves. Looking forward to the options and opinions available in this group!
    Low-Poo: Giovanni TTTT
    Rinse Out: Yes To Coconuts Conditioner