iPhone 5 battery life

sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Registered Users Posts: 1,862 Curl Neophyte
Does anyone else find that the iPhone 5 battery life sucks? I just switched back to iPhone after having a Samsung galaxy note ii and I think the battery life on the iPhone is atrocious! I have to carry a charger with me everyday and I always run out of battery life before the end of the day -__- love the iPhone, but not its battery
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I find it to have a longer life than my 4S for sure. My battery life depends on how many apps I keep open at one time (when I remember to close them out, it's not unusual that I have 1-2 weeks worth!), and if I am playing games or on FaceBook, etc. more. If I just use it as a phone and for texting, one charge will last me several days.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    I have a 4, but also find a big difference when I remember to shut the apps down. If I don't and am using a lot, it needs to be charged by the end of the day, if not part way.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Registered Users Posts: 1,862 Curl Neophyte
    Hmmmm. Idk what's going on. I always close the apps and I mainly use it for texting. Surf the web mildly. Maybe I just have a dud :(
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm no expert on smart phone battery life, but I think I've heard and read that when the phone doesn't hold a charge for very long, it could be a sign that the phone might be nearing the end of it's battery life. My DH is running into this with his 4S but he wants to ride it out as long as he can before upgrading to a 5.

Back in the old days (pre-smartphone), IIRC, we used to be able to buy a replacement battery for the phones for like $25-50 (and that was usually almost the cost of replacing an un-smartphone back then). I think I remember my DS's first Motorola RAZR phone was under $100 and I had a cow when he paid that much for a phone. Times have changed!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    One of the greatest battery drains is when the phone looks for your location. Check the location services under settings and privacy, and make sure the only apps that are enabled are ones you actually need checking your location. Also disable bluetooth if and when you aren't actually using it.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I'm no expert on smart phone battery life, but I think I've heard and read that when the phone doesn't hold a charge for very long, it could be a sign that the phone might be nearing the end of it's battery life. My DH is running into this with his 4S but he wants to ride it out as long as he can before upgrading to a 5.

Back in the old days (pre-smartphone), IIRC, we used to be able to buy a replacement battery for the phones for like $25-50 (and that was usually almost the cost of replacing an un-smartphone back then). I think I remember my DS's first Motorola RAZR phone was under $100 and I had a cow when he paid that much for a phone. Times have changed!

Ha. I remember those days. Also, the phone will only be 1 year old in October so I find it hard to believe the battery life is already at its end
    One of the greatest battery drains is when the phone looks for your location. Check the location services under settings and privacy, and make sure the only apps that are enabled are ones you actually need checking your location. Also disable bluetooth if and when you aren't actually using it.

I've done that too
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    Hmm. How old is the phone? Has it always been this bad or did it get worse? Have you tried the following?
    1. Let your battery drain all the way till the phone shuts itself down. Probably best to do this around bed time.
    2. Let the battery remain dead for about six to eight hours.
    3. Plug the phone in and fully charge the battery.
    This worked on my previous iPhone, but not for my sister's. It's worth trying if you haven't already. As someone else said, the battery will get worse over time, but that typically takes a couple of years for the average user.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
    The phone is about to be a year old. I let the battery die a few days ago but I didn't leave it dead for hours.
    And idk if the phone was always like this b.c it was not always mine
    I just downloaded iOS 7! Let's see how the battery life is now :D
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm not sure about the 5 but the 4 was great, much better than the galaxy s4. But the galaxy s4 has a huge screen so that's the main reason.

You should replace your battery. Online you can get them for under $10. Most of them come with the little screwdriver to use to unscrew your phone.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    I just downloaded iOS 7! Let's see how the battery life is now :D

What?!??! I want a new one!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I used a website that only charged $8 for it and it was super easy. I love iOS 7 so far
    Ahhh, beta scares me a bit. The real one is out next week, will wait for that. Thanks though :)
    Audrey Hepburn
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    Yes it does. Once I deleted all my text messages and emptied my history (double click the home button and delete everything), my battery lasts a lot longer
    Ahhh, beta scares me a bit. The real one is out next week, will wait for that. Thanks though :)

Why does it scare u?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file