What are you having? Or do you know?

shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
I can't remember who is having what or who knows or doesn't know...

Shelli- Boy
Amneris-??
Dayzie-Boy
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Comments

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We don't know. We decided not to find out. We do refer to it as a "he" often, b/c I'm carrying so differently w/ this one, but we really have no idea.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm finding out on Wednesday. :D
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    We're having a boy
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    We're having a healthy baby! :D
    Okay. :lol: That wasn't your question. We don't know. The midwife almost slipped on Thursday afternoon, during my checkup. So she made it a point to scratch out the sex info, on my chart. Hee!
    medussa wrote:
    Okay. :lol: That wasn't your question. We don't know. The midwife almost slipped on Thursday afternoon, during my checkup. So she made it a point to scratch out the sex info, on my chart. Hee!

I have to give you ladies credit for not finding out what you'll be having I think it would drive me completely crazy to know that my Dr. knew but I didn't. I would want to ask at every appointment.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    We don't want to know and our hospital doesn't tell people anyway. I call the baby "he" and get boy vibes, but we don't really know. Like medussa, I just pray the baby is healthy.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I have to give you ladies credit for not finding out what you'll be having I think it would drive me completely crazy to know that my Dr. knew but I didn't. I would want to ask at every appointment.

I'm with you pickles. We've already decided that we'll most likely find out. I just would be WAY too curious, if I knew the doctor could tell. Although it would be kind of cool if the baby were in a position in which the doctor couldn't even tell, then we'd HAVE to wait to find out.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    PixieCurl wrote:

I'm with you pickles. We've already decided that we'll most likely find out. I just would be WAY too curious, if I knew the doctor could tell. Although it would be kind of cool if the baby were in a position in which the doctor couldn't even tell, then we'd HAVE to wait to find out.

Pixie, that's how my friend's baby was for every ultrasound. I was there at the birth and it was so exciting to find out the baby's sex in the delivery room! But if the doctor knows, it would be really hard not to ask!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    iris427 wrote:
    PixieCurl wrote:

Pixie, that's how my friend's baby was for every ultrasound. I was there at the birth and it was so exciting to find out the baby's sex in the delivery room! But if the doctor knows, it would be really hard not to ask!

With both babies they were positioned w/ their legs crossed, and the u/s techs really couldn't tell what sex the baby was.

With B we had a few ultrasounds b/c I really wanted to know - but even then they told us that they "thought" it was a girl.

With this one we didn't want to know, and the tech couldn't get it in position to see anyway (or so she told me :wink: ), and we don't want to bother with any other ultrasounds, so we're really waiting to see.

Though you get it into your head what you *think* it's going to be. I really think it's a boy, so it'll be a BIG surprise if it ends up being a girl!!

I'm not sure, but I *THINK* if you tell the u/s tech that you don't want to know, they don't even put it in your chart, and so your doctor won't know either.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • KajaKaja Posts: 38Registered Users
    I just found out on Saturday that I'm having a girl and I have been on Cloud 9 ever since!!

After all the sickness and worrying it was so nice to find out something new about my little miracle. She was so adorable on the ultrasound too - kicking her little legs, rubbing her face, sucking her thumb, waving at us - she was just all over the place!!

I had a really hard time calling the baby "it", so this is major relief for me. And the tech was 99.9% sure! - she wasn't hiding anything. :)
    "...both of us are ugly - except for me!" Pippi Longstocking

.png
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    babywavy wrote:
    I'm not sure, but I *THINK* if you tell the u/s tech that you don't want to know, they don't even put it in your chart, and so your doctor won't know either.

But the U/S tech would still know!!! :lol:
    My thing is if ANYONE'S gonna know, I want to know. I wish I wasn't that way, but I'm way too curious. I'm like a little kid who searches the closets for their Christmas presents.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    I'm having fun guessing what I'm having, that's for sure.

Is there really a corrleation between bad morning sickness and carrying girls? Many posters on this board who complained of m/s, seem to be having girls.

I don't have a "feeling" either way, like some women claim to have. But base on the m/s thing and the way I'm carrying (almost the same exact way I carried my daughter), I vote girl.
    Kaja wrote:
    I just found out on Saturday that I'm having a girl and I have been on Cloud 9 ever since!!

Congratulations!

You found out early. I didn't think they could see anything at 15 weeks.
  • KajaKaja Posts: 38Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    Kaja wrote:

Congratulations!

You found out early. I didn't think they could see anything at 15 weeks.

Thank you!!!

There's an office down here in Southern Cali that's been passed around thru word-of-mouth of friends because they can tell at 13 weeks if the baby cooperates!! So far they've been right every single time - but I knew deep down she was a girl anyway - so I was just happy to hear someone say it out loud. :)
    "...both of us are ugly - except for me!" Pippi Longstocking

.png
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    We don't want to know and our hospital doesn't tell people anyway. I call the baby "he" and get boy vibes, but we don't really know. Like medussa, I just pray the baby is healthy.

I did the same thing. I kept referring to the baby as he and then would quickly add "or she". I think very deep down - you know.

Are you having your baby in Toronto?
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
    medussa wrote:

Is there really a corrleation between bad morning sickness and carrying girls? Many posters on this board who complained of m/s, seem to be having girls.

I don't have a "feeling" either way, like some women claim to have. But base on the m/s thing and the way I'm carrying (almost the same exact way I carried my daughter), I vote girl.

Not true I had terrible morning sickness both time around and had a boy with the first and am supposed to be having another boy this time to.
  • cajuncurlscajuncurls Posts: 270Registered Users
    I'm so jealous!! :(
    I was supposed to find out on val's day, but my dr had a kidney stone attack. so I found out nothing. I saw it on u/s, but the nurse practitioner could tell me nothing at all.
    my next appt is march 14, i'm not even excited to find out anymore, I just figure something will block my finding out again.
    At this point I just want it to cook good and come out - maybe it's my being 36 this time and not 22, but I have a cartload of aches and pains. Ligament stretching, tension headaches I can't treat with anything but Tylenol (doesn't work, by the way), back aches, etc. I can't even sleep in my bed anymore cuz its too soft all of a sudden. I'll be spending the next 4 1/2 months on an air mattress. And throw in the sinus infection and crick in my neck I have today. Shoot me, please!
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Add me to team blue! Baby Harry looks great and is measuring right on for his due date!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    medussa wrote:

Not true I had terrible morning sickness both time around and had a boy with the first and am supposed to be having another boy this time to.

Yeah, I was nauseous for about 9 weeks straight with my son, but with my daughter, I felt queasy exactly once in my 2nd month. Oh well, I guess every preganncy really is different.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file