CurlTalk

If you could pick another hair type, what would it be?

While looking at other pics, I like to admire other hair types. I find something attractive about all of them, but I find the most appeal in giant 2c waves and nice tight 3c curls.

If I had to become another hair type, I'd go 3c.

Anyone else wonder about what type they'd chose if they could pick one different than their own?
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I love how Robin Wright Penn's hair was done in A Message in A Bottle here It's kind of 2C, though I don't think anyone has hair that's inclined towards that specific pattern. Generally 2C, definite wave.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    I agree with rcc, I'd either want 2c or 3c, although now that I think about it I really want type 1 hair the most :oops:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    2a. I really like the soft waves.
    3b-3c CG
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    I like either really soft waves, like 2a, or really tight curls, like 3c/4a.

2c/3a
    Growing out hair to a little above bsl
    pw: ringlets
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    I voted for other, because as much as I admire 2b/2c and 3b hairtypes, I would not change my own. My 3a curl pattern is easy to deal and besides I wouldn't feel me if I was a 2b;/2c or a 3b either. :D
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I guess I should have voted other, but I said 3c.

Reason: I have 3b,c,and a hair now. I think I used to have more 3b+c (no a) and it seems like it has gotten a looser curl over the years, more 3b and a with just a few bits of c left.

So I used to admire looser 2b and 3a curls, but now that I'm getting more 3a, I don't want it! :evil:

Then again, I just had a devacut and I think I may have more 3b and c again. I just haven't had a good cut in many years. :? :D

Moral: watch what you ask for. :roll: :wink:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I'd like to be 3b I think.
    Or a stronger 3a (unless I'm a deluded 2c and no one has told me yet)

Overall though I like my hair type fine. Like everyone else probably I just wish it were more consistent oh and add in lots of volume, I like big hair
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users
    I would like to be a 3b like I used to. Now that I am a little older my curls have relaxed a bit and now I'm a 3a. But I still love my hair and should be satisfied that I still have curls at all.
    316vq4y.jpg
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    I didn't vote but i think i'd like 4a, i'm a 3b/c at the moment and i think my hair is getting curlier, or maybe i'm just taking better care and have a better understanding and am a 3c all over? i dunno, anyway I always look at 4a hair and think how pretty it is, so i'd like to be curlier :D
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    i would love to have to have hair like Regina Spektor, which i'm guessing is 2C/3A?
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    WOW, I am a 3B and let me tell you this hair is DIFFICULT to deal with!

I am surprised that 40% selected it as a choice!! :shock:

I picked 2C because I think wavy hair is so sexy and stunning!

I am very grateful for my 3b curls, but I just wish they were bigger and looser and moved a little!!

We always want what we don't have!! :lol:
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • zeldagoblinzeldagoblin Posts: 575Registered Users
    I'm really not sure I "get" hair types, but I would like MY own hair, but without coarseness and wiriness. My curls, but finer hairs, less of the horse-hair feel :evil:
    Here are my curly pics, password is fuzz

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fzeldagoblin%2F" class="Popup

But then again, too few to mention...
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I'm another other - I want YOUR hair, rcc! Yours, or internetchick's, and you both have 3b and 3a on your heads. Just gorgeous.

It would also be awesome to have 4a/4b hair...

Who am I kidding? I just have hair envy all around. :lol: You all look so good, I can't stand it!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I voted 3B too! :lol: I like my hair alright, but I wish it would STAY curly instead of unraveling and going part straight when the mood strikes it. And I have big hair envy. :wink:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    1. No question.

(waits to get booed off the forum!)
    3b in South Australia.
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    I'm really not sure I "get" hair types, but I would like MY own hair, but without coarseness and wiriness. My curls, but finer hairs, less of the horse-hair feel :evil:

I'd have to agree with Zeldagoblin on this... but if I could not choose my own and had to choose a diff. one I'd choose 2c. Mostly because I like that "tousled out of bed" look that seems to be easier with that hair type.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    My favorite is 3c/4A when its' like neck/shoulder length I love the fluffy soft-textured curly look.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    I voted for 2c. I am pretty positive now that I am a 3b. My problem is that at the end of the day my hair can swell with volume that makes it really huge. I think that if I were, say, a 2c I would have less of this problem.

I actually wouldn't mind having curls like redcelticcurls though!
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    I picked 3c, but I really could have picked 2b/2c or 3c . . . I'd just like my hair to exit what I feel is its' identity crisis. Sometimes curly, sometimes wavy (at the same time - curly in the front, wavy underneathe), so if it would just pick one, I'd be happy. :)
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I picked 3b b/c I have hair that is 3a with 2c and every now and then I find a 3b. I really would like the boingy effect all over, I think it is gorgeous. ~~jax
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    I want YOUR hair, rcc!

That is exactly what I was going to post...whatever your hair is redcelticcurls...that's what I want. You have some of my most favorite curls on here!

But I love my hair so I guess I'll stick with what I've got. Like I have a choice, right?!?
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    I would have to have big fat loose curls or beach waves... sigh.
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I would like to be just a little curlier that I am with root volume! I voted 3b but 3a/3b would be ideal for me. In fact if I could just have Plink's hair I'll be fine. :D
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Ab-star wrote:
    I want YOUR hair, rcc!

That is exactly what I was going to post...whatever your hair is redcelticcurls...that's what I want. You have some of my most favorite curls on here!

But I love my hair so I guess I'll stick with what I've got. Like I have a choice, right?!?

You guys crack me, up, but thanks! It can look good, but it's picky to care for. I wish that I could buy almost any old cone free conditioner and have it work. I'd call it 3B/3A because the back is looser. I like how it's big though, and I like how the front curls up pretty far on my head..

I don't mean for this thread to be one where we can't appreciate out own type. I just like to sometimes ponder what other type of hair I'd like to wear.

I really like the look of 3c/4a strawsets. They are so cool.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • aeroheadaerohead Posts: 179Registered Users
    If I could have anyones hair, then it would have to be Lorraine Masseys curls!! they are just fantastic, bet they are quite high maintenance though, but what the hell, this is my dream!! lol!! I love those tight curls/spirals/ringlets/corkscrews! Her hair is the best, not that I have curl envy or anything!!! :oops:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thick, 2C with little 3A's thrown in to make my hair look a little more wild.FIA:2c/3a-M
    Last Haircut:17/1/07
    Ultimate Goal: To go as long as possible
    Products Used:coconut cowash, tescos own gel citrus spice whipped butter
    Hair Length:BSL
    NEW PHOTOS ADDED: 20th August'09
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Faerohead%2F" class="Popup
  • MaybeWavyMaybeWavy Posts: 374Registered Users
    aerohead you took the words out of my mouth.

Whatever she has, I want.

Grass is always greener, right?

I like my hair some days. and some days Im ready to shave it and buy a wig.

one of RCC's or lush's hair.

Probably lush because I don't think my family could stand two redheads.
    :shock: :D
    2cFii-ish with 3a moments. Always subject to change.
    (\_/) This is Bunny.
    (O.0) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
    (> <) him on his way to world Domination.

I'm voting for Bunny.
  • csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
    I didn't vote because I think I'd just like to have one type of hair of any kind on my head. Mine is 2b on top with 3a on the bottom. I think I'd either like 1b hair (straight w/body) or 3a hair all over. At least I could get a consistent look that way. For those of you who think wavy hair just turns out perfectly consistent and wavy every day I would direct you to the 2 forum and the "Woes of a Wavy" post. Wavies generally have to style at least some portion of our hair to get it to look "right". I want hair that is more wash and go. Having one type of hair on my head would have to make that easier.
  • aeroheadaerohead Posts: 179Registered Users
    Red, I just looked at your foto album, i love your curls, and your colouring is just gorgeous!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAH!! its just not fair!!!!!!!!
    Yes I guess the grass is always greener.
    I guess it's about not pining for what you don't have and loving and accepting what you DO have!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thick, 2C with little 3A's thrown in to make my hair look a little more wild.FIA:2c/3a-M
    Last Haircut:17/1/07
    Ultimate Goal: To go as long as possible
    Products Used:coconut cowash, tescos own gel citrus spice whipped butter
    Hair Length:BSL
    NEW PHOTOS ADDED: 20th August'09
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Faerohead%2F" class="Popup
  • Kasey314Kasey314 Posts: 308Registered Users
    I want hair like the girl on the cover of Curly Girl! You know, the redheaded one? I can't really classify her though... it's kinda curly and wavy w/o it sticking too far away from here head. Perfect!! I love the color too... you can't get that color in a bottle! :D
    ~FIA~ 2c-M-iii

CG since 9/06, modified since 3/07.

:coffee: <~~ Me every morning

Updated fotki 5/06/08
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FKasey314%2F" class="Popup

Products-of-the-moment: Loving Innersense right now: Pure Essential Hair Bath, Pure Inspiration Daily Conditioner and I Create Quiet Calm Curl Cream. Devacurl Angell is my go to gel, nothing else like it for me. Nature's Gate Lavendar and Aloe Nourishing Conditoner is always in my shower.

password - curly girl

• DancingbadgerDancingbadger Posts: 136Registered Users
    I voted 3b but 3b or higher is really my vote, I love the corkscrew curls and I really have this thing about Afros, I so wish I could have one! :lol: I also agree with the post who said the straw curls, oh my those are so pretty.

ETA: I looked again at the results and I wish I voted for 4a or 4b, it has no votes! But I love 4 hair.
    My hair is a mix of 2b/3a and even a bit of 3b thrown in! I would call my hair wavycelli. It curls most when I leave it alone after wet scrunching. My hair has a spring factor of about 2 or 3 inches and has a very silky, medium texture.