What should I bring to a cookout/party this Sunday an hour away?

The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
I was thinking about RVC or stuffed jalapeños. But the cake should stay cold and I don't have or plan to get a cooler. And I think the jalapeños should stay warm. I'd like to make something other than boring old pasta salad or brownies.

Would the jalapeños possibly be ok for an hour? They're stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar and lil smokies then wrapped in bacon and baked.
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    I bet if you put ice in a freezer zip loc bag and packed that with the jalapenos in another bag, you'd be fine. I think they'd probably be fine without it but better safe than sorry. (And you can just dump the ice when you get there)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • OBBOBB Registered Users Posts: 4,174 Curl Neophyte
    me
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I was thinking about RVC or stuffed jalapeños. But the cake should stay cold and I don't have or plan to get a cooler. And I think the jalapeños should stay warm. I'd like to make something other than boring old pasta salad or brownies.

Would the jalapeños possibly be ok for an hour? They're stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar and lil smokies then wrapped in bacon and baked.

An hour isn't that long in an air conditioned car. Could you get one of those $1.50 freeze packs to lie on top of it? What about a fruit-filled pie or tiramisu?
  • PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    lemon bars! get them good and cold, they'll travel just fine
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Registered Users Posts: 508 Curl Neophyte
    A non-mayo potato salad would work well. We've made this before and it's delicious:

Honey Dijon Potato Salad Recipe : Rachael Ray : Recipes : Food Network
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    The party was just canceled... :(

Thanks anyway everyone!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • OBBOBB Registered Users Posts: 4,174 Curl Neophyte
    The party was just canceled

did you warn them i was coming? :sad8:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file